Amp recommendation?

Russosaur
10+ year member

Ohio
First off I'm a car audio noob installing my first system, it seems stright forward I just need to pick an amp.

I got MTX Terminators 2 12"s in a sealed box 400w rms at 2 ohm. I was looking into 3 amps here:

POWER ACOUSTIK GT1-1000

Boss AR1500M ARMOR

Power Acoustik Crypt CPT1-2000

I was leaning twords the GT1-1000 because of the price and wattage 470w rms at about 91$. The Boss amp says (but prob don't make) 700w rms. I would really like the Crypt CPT1-2000 (because its 106$ and the others are around 80-90) but it puts out like 800w rms and afraid i'l be stupid and blow my speakers. Maybe someone can recommend something, if not which would be best out of the 3? I hate being the noob but you have to start somewhere.

whats your budget cap?
95$ is the absolute max even with the the one costing about 105$ which. I'm on a very tight budget. If you need anymore info please ask I really excited on my first install/system.

I really dont want to but if it was a good brand and the amp isn't to old maybe. My big concern would be shipping like the 95$ would have to include shipping. I feel that a used amp not knowing how it was treated previously could cause me to waste some cash if it were to break. If it was something new I could send it back. Sorry if I don't make sense I'm tired.

I really dont want to but if it was a good brand and the amp isn't to old maybe. My big concern would be shipping like the 95$ would have to include shipping. I feel that a used amp not knowing how it was treated previously could cause me to waste some cash if it were to break. If it was something new I could send it back. Sorry if I don't make sense I'm tired.
understandable.i am off work for a bit, so i can look around see whats out there, and make a couple recommendations if thats ok? i feel that there is a better amp out there for your money

understandable.i am off work for a bit, so i can look around see whats out there, and make a couple recommendations if thats ok? i feel that there is a better amp out there for your money
Yeah, il be looking more today I hate having a tight budget. If all elts fails il prob get one of the amps I listed on my first post.

I found a Kenwood KAC-8105D but its kind of higher up on my budget, but it seems to be much better brand then what I have been finding. I can get it referbished/used on amazon, I never bought used off amazon so I'm not sure about it.

Used is not bad if buying from a reputable member and local pick up could work out for u, otherwise shipping will be factored in like u said, but my vote is for a good used one

I think I'm going to get a Kenwood Kac-8105D refurbished by kenwood on amazon for 76$ Any Opinions? Seems like a good deal i'l prob be ordering it today.

Meh, never cared for anything other than HU's from Kenwood. From what I've heard, they almost make rated power haha. I'd say it's certainly better than the junk you listed in the first post. My vote would still be to look for something used.

Here's a couple options...

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/543816-kicker-amps-300-2-450-2-1252xi.html

The 2nd amp listed there would probably be right at $95 shipped. And it's rated for a TRUE 500w Rms, and I'd be surprised if it wasn't underrated by a couple hundred watts.

Then this one would be awesome if you could save up like $20 more. Twenty bucks for a killer amp man, really isn't that much more: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/543329-fs-kicker-zx750-1-a.html

You could probably offer $110 shipped.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.