Hifonics HFi 2500d vs. BRZ2400.1

Here's an interesting find... Since the HFi is supposed to be the "cheap" line and BRZ is supposed to be higher quality.. and since everyone on the forum nuthugs AQ and calls Hifonics trash

HFi2500

9izqxj.jpg

BRZ2400

1j3rlx.jpg

Also, a BXi 2607 for the heck of it (some small differences)

IMG_1878.jpg

AND AQ2200

AQ2200D.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They all look the same...hum. Well what will the haters have to say about this one...i wonder? Somebody will make some half a55 comments about why not to buy this crap or buy this better crap. It all boils down to, 1 what you can afford 2 what sounds good to you and fits your needs/build. Seems like most of this stuff is prob built side by side anyway. Yeah, i know you get what you pay for, but sometimes you can get lucky and find the next best/new thing or newest nuthug. Me, i will be hugging my new saz1500v.3 i got for 340 lnib...gnite bitshes.

Only thing I can guess is a difference in the crossover network, but I'm sure the board and 90 percent of the components are sourced from the same exact place.

As neo said, a lot of companies(especially car companies) will have a single car built but change a couple things on the inside or outside(minor) and say it's theirs. This is called badge engineering.

Only thing I can guess is a difference in the crossover network, but I'm sure the board and 90 percent of the components are sourced from the same exact place.
The only difference between the HFi and BRZ appears to be a phase knob on the BRZ. The same probably goes for the AQ too, I haven't looked at it too closely yet though

The big dif between HIFi line and BRZ is heat sink and the BRZ are CEA 2006 compliant. I just traded a HF1500.1 for a BRZ1700.1 only bc it was even swap.

The big dif between HIFi line and BRZ is heat sink and the BRZ are CEA 2006 compliant. I just traded a HF1500.1 for a BRZ1700.1 only bc it was even swap.
My HFi is still cool to the touch after playing. The only time I've managed to even get it warm (not even hot) was after an hour long trip with my friends with everything full tilt most of the way.

I also just mounted it vertically with space underneath it for ventilation, which should cool it off even more

And CEA ratings are pretty useless.. on sub amps especially. It just means it does rated power at 4 ohm and doesn't factor in distortion

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.