Hifonics Brutus BXi 2608D vs. PA "A3000DB"

Participant count
  • Participant list

billy18bm
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I recently bought a Power Acoustik A3000DB off of ebay. I got the amp and it went into protect mode right away flashing the red light right away. The speakers would also pulsate to the red. Long story short i sent it back and he said he ordered "FETS" for it and repaired it. I got it all hooked up and working and then the other day it just stops working and does the exact same thing. Im to the point where im done messing w/ the ebay seller i just want a good amp.

I have had the PA 3000DB before and it was great. I was running 2 Alpine Type-R's ported @ 36hz and it was wicked loud and i never had any problems w/ heat. So basically what im wondering is if you were gonna get an amp for 2 kicker L7's and make sure you had plenty of power would you get the A3000DB or the Hifonics Brutus BXi 2608D. I've heard lots of good things about the Brutus and i think it will end up being more powerful than the Power Acoustik, but just want to make sure the Hifonics doesn't overheat or anything like that?.....

I know that "PowerAcoustik" is generally crap, but this amp was always solid before and put out a crazy amount of power.

Any advice/recommendations/ or first hand experience would be awesome.. thanks

if you loved the Power Acoustik amp , you'll love anything that can produce electricity, even wind or water //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Seriously, Power Acoustik it's one of the worst in Car audio , standing with pyle, pyramid, boss... You'll see a LOT more power with a bxi2608d , but what's your electrical system like?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.