Hifonics Brutus 1700.1D vs. Rockford Fosgate T10001BD

I have the Hifonics amp, but have a chance to pick up the RF for $250. Looking to run with two 12" subs. I was planning on Alpine Type-R's, but after reading about some of these brands I had never heard of, and then signing up, I decided to 'expand my horizons'.

Either amp good enough/worth it? Or should I try something new? Looking at $300-$400 for new subs, and I could sell my amp (Hifonics) locally for $200.

Thanks.

you can just save some money and get your type Rs, enclosure and electricals up to par and see how you like it first before blowing more money on a new amp. It will all depend on how loud you want to be afterwards, the alpines dont need much power to get decently loud.

Thanks. I've had numerous systems before, but never anything too spectacular. I'm actually thinking of going with 2 SA-12 D2's. Would the Hifonics amp be enough?

The specs are:

◦4 ohms: 600 watts x 1 chan.

◦2 ohms: 1200 watts x 1 chan.

◦1 ohm: 1700 watts x 1 chan

Unfortunately, where I live, about the best option for buying/installing is Best Buy. There is a couple of other shops, but they're priced ridiculously high for installs. I was actually wanting to do some of the work myself, for financial purposes, and also to try to learn about car audio/installation.

Also, with the stock alternator and battery, what would be the best option to keep my lights from dimming all the time?

Thanks.

The big 3 in 0/1 guage wire is a good place to start. With those amp choices, knuconcepts kca would do fine, you can buy direct for 1.95/ft. Also for positive and negative to amp. There are also vendors on here that have wire kits for decent prices. You can peruse the classies for great deals on slightly used and sometimes bnib gear to save time and money.

Thanks. I've had numerous systems before, but never anything too spectacular. I'm actually thinking of going with 2 SA-12 D2's. Would the Hifonics amp be enough?
The specs are:

◦4 ohms: 600 watts x 1 chan.

◦2 ohms: 1200 watts x 1 chan.

◦1 ohm: 1700 watts x 1 chan

Unfortunately, where I live, about the best option for buying/installing is Best Buy. There is a couple of other shops, but they're priced ridiculously high for installs. I was actually wanting to do some of the work myself, for financial purposes, and also to try to learn about car audio/installation.

Also, with the stock alternator and battery, what would be the best option to keep my lights from dimming all the time?

Thanks.
you should be looking at d4s so you can run them at a 1 ohm load

A good enclosure and upgrading your electrical will make more of a difference than you'd think. I'd keep the Hifonics amp. You could also go with a single XFL 15 for just a little over $250 and get just as loud, then you'd have more money left to upgrade electrical, buy some sound deadener, etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.