Hifonics 1606d Actual Power rating

Participant count
  • Participant list

krisfnbz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Frederick MD
I used the search button //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I know this baby does 1100 @ 2 ohms(so they say) at 14.4v

and Im currently running it for 1600 watts @ 1 ohm at 14.4.

Well with my car turned on and in idle, Im getting the reading of 13.5(give or take) and when I rev it, im getting 14+.

I bought the amp to power my L7, and I knew that it was slightly under-rated, but does anybody know by exactly how much? 2 questions.

1. Lets say im running at 14.4v(or higher), whats the most power I could get out of it?(Im guessing like 1400)

2. Lets say im running at 12v, whats the most I could get out of it?(Im assuming like 1200?)

Are you talking about actual power into a speaker or into a static load? There is a big difference between the two. You'd be better off setting the gain with an o-scope rather than trying to figure out how much power it's making. The newer ones are supposed to make rated power anyway from what I've heard.

My question becomes why? Does a couple of watts that you can distinguish by ear matter?

Its not really a BIG deal to know, but I figured I would ask around on the forum what kind of wattage this amp ACCTUALLY puts out because ive heard from some people 1400 and from others 1500. Dont get me wrong is does push the L7 enough so that im 100% satisfied, Id just like to know thats all. My grounds are good for my spare batteries, so my voltage is fine... I just know that these amps are under-rated(well everyone says so)

I would say they do around rated. I have my gains set to 40v around 1600wrms and the at full tilt i don't smell any coils and the amp doesn't get real hot so, i don't believe it's clipping. I would say between 1400-1600 wrms. Its a solid amp

You mean OVER rated? Last I heard the most recent ones are pretty spot on.
yes I meant over-rated sorry about that...

I would say they do around rated. I have my gains set to 40v around 1600wrms and the at full tilt i don't smell any coils and the amp doesn't get real hot so, i don't believe it's clipping. I would say between 1400-1600 wrms. Its a solid amp
okay cool thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.