HID problems

if your gonna change them out go with LED. they are by far superior.
According to what? First hand reviews from people have proven HIDs have a significant advantage in output. In life hours and reliable they may be superior.

And to the OP: Buying cheap ballasts is like buying a cheap amp. You don't run Pyle amps do you?

According to what? First hand reviews from people have proven HIDs have a significant advantage in output. In life hours and reliable they may be superior.
And to the OP: Buying cheap ballasts is like buying a cheap amp. You don't run Pyle amps do you?
Led is going to last much longer.

Tinted reflector lenses AND 10,000K blue bulbs.. Huge fail..

Wrong. LED is not quite there yet. Hids are much better at this current time.
Ive installed LED industrially. far superior in terms of longevity. its muilt LEDs and yes they are stuip brigth and draw a fraction of current. metal halides are ****** but they get way to hot and draw alot of current and cost ALOT! you cant touch the bulbs because they can explode of they get cross contaminated..

i GOOD LED bulb may not be available for most car but the newer LEDs that are becoming available to the public will be better.. of course they are going to cost..

Ive installed LED industrially. far superior in terms of longevity. its muilt LEDs and yes they are stuip brigth and draw a fraction of current. metal halides are ****** but they get way to hot and draw alot of current and cost ALOT! you cant touch the bulbs because they can explode of they get cross contaminated..
i GOOD LED bulb may not be available for most car but the newer LEDs that are becoming available to the public will be better.. of course they are going to cost..

I build custom projector headlights on the side. LEDs are not quite there yet in terms of headlights.

LEDs will generally outperform an HID in reflector type housings but not always in a projector. Although some luxury cars have very bright LED projectors.

I have LEDs in stock style housings and they're very bright with a decent cutoff. Not a razor sharp cutoff like projectors, but MUCH better than HIDs in reflector housings and possibly even better than halogens too.

I use Atshark 10400LM bulbs. (yes the rating is probably very inflated but they work well). Most LED bulbs are junk but these had great reviews and work great for me. I did my research before buying them, instead of buying the cheapest LED I found on ebay.

the whole "get what you pay for with hid" is b.s.! the kits we sell here are close to $200 a set, and we still have issues with the china plugs and connectors they use! i now cut them off and hard wire them in my own vehicles. doesnt matter what you use if the company has crap connectors!

I just swapped every light in my daily (including headlights, turn signals, blinker switchbacks and running lights) to LED and couldn't be happier with the price, output and ease of install. I had problems with HIDs constantly (mostly DDM).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.