HID Conversion: Is it worth it?

Some factory chrome housings actually have a decent cutoff point. I have NEVER been flashed by anyone, and probably drive more interstate than most of you. I have HIDs...in a lifted pickup. My kit also retains low and high beam. 35w 6k. Search Retro-solutions, their kits are high quality with digital ballasts so you get no radio interference.
cutoff pic? im willing to bet that is quite the abortion:)

cutoff pic? im willing to bet that is quite the abortion:)
Dont have a garage door pics but I do have an on-road pic of the low beam:

DSCN0219.jpg

It's a matter of taking your time and doing your research. And realizing there's alot of people who go the cheapie route and completely miss the point, ending up with tons and tons of really bright blotchy glare thrown all over the road and the sky instead of a bright, full, even, intense beam pattern with a razor-sharp cutoff. But when they post pics people who have no clue what a decent HID beam pattern is actually supposed to look like keep chiming in to tell them how awsome it looks just because more glare to them looks like better light.

It's a matter of taking your time and doing your research. And realizing there's alot of people who go the cheapie route and completely miss the point, ending up with tons and tons of really bright blotchy glare thrown all over the road and the sky instead of a bright, full, even, intense beam pattern with a razor-sharp cutoff. But when they post pics people who have no clue what a decent HID beam pattern is actually supposed to look like keep chiming in to tell them how awsome it looks just because more glare to them looks like better light.
100% agree.

HID projectors are not the same as halogen projectors as they are designed different since halogen and HID bulbs do not emit light the same way.

housings with no projector at all are the worst way to go as it just blinds every driver on the road.

ya i thought it was worth it. you can get kits for like 60 off ebay, and i would not go with anything more then 6K for the color. i got 6K and i like the color it gives off, its not to much blue. and i think it looks good.
Though all know about HID's, I just try to consolidate my experience here. HID stands for High Intensity Discharge. It refers to lighting technology that relies on an electrical charge to ignite xenon gas contained in a sealed bulb. Xenon’s bright white light is more nearer to natural daylight and helps reduce the eye fatigue normally experienced when driving long distances at night. This is a revolutionary concept in automotive light that provides 3 times more light on the road and improve your view of road signs, other vehicles, intersections, and objects on the road compared to traditional halogen headlights. I have the 8000K HID kit too and love it, they are cheaper on ebay but I wanted a warranty so I got it here. Head Light HID kit , or you can try one of the vendors.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

yes they would work as long as you get the right HID bulb for them. i have projectors an they are an H1 bulb, not sure if the ones you are looking at are different but mine are the H1's for my low beam projectors in my headlights and projector fogs.

imo forget the projectors and everything, just get a 6000k HID kit and hook it up you'll be good. 8000k is when it starts getting a lil crazy, but they look great, and they light up a lot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.