Hi All

Participant count
  • Participant list

kyngfish

Miami
Newbie here. A passable mechanic, but just dipping my toe into wiring and electronics.

Last week I purchased a 1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited. The system is completely stock with 6.5 component speakers in the front, and 4 inch speakers in the back.

The front driver's side speaker doesn't work, but the tweeter component does. I tried the 4Runner forums but there aren't specific instructions except that replacing the speakers is fairly plug and play. Hopefully someone can help me out!

• How can I isolate the issue with the driver's side speaker before I go out and buy a new set of speakers? There seems to be only two wires going into the component setup (assuming current and ground), and when I plug it up, the tweeter starts working, so can I rule out issues with the wiring from the head unit to the speaker?
  • I pulled off the door panel and the current speaker seems to be on an entire housing which can be removed (picture below). I assumed the housing could stay and just remove the speaker, but I removed the screws surrounding the speaker on the gold ring and it didn't want to pull out. (twist? is there a trick?)

CIMG0320.jpg

Realize this might be pretty specific, but maybe you all have run across this and can give me some pointers.

Best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kyngfish

kyngfish
Miami
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
kyngfish