Hi, About Alpine´s PDX´s

Participant count
  • Participant list

elborabom
10+ year member

Hi guys, I see that many of you use the pdx amplifiers, and I wonder if is it happening only with me...

I´m from Brazil, And I´v made an almost perfect instalations on my car, only for SQ or Hi-Fi audio, But there´s been a problem...

My set-up is this:

HU - Alpine 9855 or 7998 or 9887 (depends on the day lol)

Amps: Alpines PDX 4.150 and PDX 1.1000

Speakers: Focal Polykevlar with Utopia Tweeter (TN51)

Subwoofer: JL 10W6V2

Well, the first impression on the pdx was something very very strange, I noticed that wen I turned up the volume my JL started to bump the coil then the PDX cliped (I guess) and turned off, but only the mono one, than was just a question of turning the HU of and on and everything got back to normal...

Ok very well, so lets turn the power for the jl a little bit lower, and wee did it, but by this way I got another problem, wen turning the volume up again and not so loud as it should... My sound entirely clipped, like turned into mute but with no sound at all, and after some few secs, it came back starting with the sub and then the stereo speakers...

My battery is an Optima Yellow top, so there´s kind of impossible to be a battery problem... I dont know what else to do, and I have been told that I´m not the only or the first one to heve this kind of problem with those amps...

Can someone Help me plz???

Well, anyway thx for the atention and nice to meet you all!!!

Hey, I personally haven't ran a PDX amplifier, but my first recommendation is go back and check all your wiring!

It sounds like whenever the bass hits it's shaking either your ground or your positive wires, causes the amp to lose power and cut off. This, when happening like this, will kick the amp into protect most of the time and that's probably what your experiencing.

Make sure your grounds and positives are tightly secured and none of the bare wire is exposed possibly shorting.

Enjoy your stay here on CA.com, hope I can help! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

well that is a good and easy ideia! I guess I can do it today and post what I´m Seeing anyway, I donn´t think that is the problem, cause I heard of some problems like this in other cars, so...

Well I´m going to check it anyway!!!

Thx for your time and patience!!!

C u!

well that is a good and easy ideia! I guess I can do it today and post what I´m Seeing anyway, I donn´t think that is the problem, cause I heard of some problems like this in other cars, so...Well I´m going to check it anyway!!!

Thx for your time and patience!!!

C u!
Yeah I mean best thing to do would be check the easy things first before getting more difficult. Sometimes over looking some of the simplest things can be the hardest problems to fix!

Let us know how that works for ya, if it doesn't well, we'll think of something else //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

well dudes I did the tests and everything looks fine, one thing that is bodering me, is my block distributor, it is a Tsunami, and I think that maybe this is the problem, Or maybe My fuseholder, only 80amp on the fuse... for both amplifiers...

Well, lets see if there is not my batery negative terminal.

your fuse holder/fuse should not be protecting the amps, it is protecting the wire, rate your fuse to the amp rating of the size wire you are using...

alpine decks have a very bad remote wrie lead .02 amperes

perhaps when teh bass hits it draws a bit from teh deck cause failure.

try mounintg a switch to activate your woofers vs using the alpines' remote wire lead. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

loose ground simptoms this can also be.

Check wires you must

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Guys, I´m tired of this crap in my car, I gote really bored with this issue...

Now I´m migrating from SQ - Hi-Fi to SQPL, So i´m thinking of getting a new SUB and AMP, I guess I´m going for a RE MX and a Fosgate 2000BD or a Hifonics 2600RMS...

But now my problem is to decide witch one amp is better, I´ll Keep my focals and My PDX 4.150, cause I´m going to ghnge my veicle too... So...

THX guys!!!

Hey, I figured out what was the problem, and I´m going to get it all uninstaled this week, but the problem was simple and really unprobable, it was my distribution block, it is a Tsunami one, and it is not the first that gives me problems, it is kind of turning of all the system wen the bas get loud, cause of the tension I gues, it canot handle...

Well that is it...

Hey, I figured out what was the problem, and I´m going to get it all uninstaled this week, but the problem was simple and really unprobable, it was my distribution block, it is a Tsunami one, and it is not the first that gives me problems, it is kind of turning of all the system wen the bas get loud, cause of the tension I gues, it canot handle...
Well that is it...
Odd, I've had a few friends use Tsunami distro's and they turn out just fine. It may have been a bad production model of distro, I guess their QC isn't so good?

I'm not sure maybe it was just a faulty one that you got, but I've seen and heard good things from them.

Glad you found the problem though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

elborabom

10+ year member
elborabom
São Paulo
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from