hey zane (or nebody real smart), i need your opinion

sk8board4life86
10+ year member

gautier
what do u think of the profile clarus 1200. it's alot cheaper than a rf 800.2 but i don't know if it's any good. if it sux i'm just gonna save the money for the rockford. but if it's decent i might take it into consideration. i'm gonna use one of these amps to power 4 12" mtx 6000's.

Profile is a really decent budget amp. It won't perform like like the RF can, but the sound quality and durability is decent when comes to Profile. I have heard a Clarus 4 channel amp installed in a F-150 and I was impressed with the sound that the budget amp could produce. The owner never had any problems with amp in the year or so that he owned it.

I'll agree with natem, I had the profile 600sx, or 800sx, I think, anyhow one of the two for my first system a few years ago, I've since sold it, but the year I had that amp, it never gave me a problem, and to this day (3 or 4 years) it is still working fine. But, like natem said, it is not quite as capable as the RF 800.2 of deliver huge amounts of power, but for the money, it ranks right up there.

Agreed.

Profile are IMO- some of the best inexpensive amps on the market. They tend to not like low ohm loads, which is somewhat of a hiderance to subwoofers, however, all arround- they are quite good.

take it easy,

-zane

Dude, have you looked at U.S. Acoustics amps? Three year warranty, about the same money, and a very well known name in the business. Just my .02

I too agree that US acoustics are good budget amps as well. I believe that Profile has a better selection of features on their amps. The US Acoustics does have an affordable line of class D amps, but I have never dealt with one or known anyone who has. I have read overall good reviews about them though.

I've heard a few complaints on US Acoustics, what good is a 3 year warranty if it's gonna be in the shop frequently. Like I said, I have used profile, I think they are good, affordable, and very reliable as long as you don't abuse them. Like Zane had said earlier in a post they don't like low ohms loads, I ran mine off 4-ohms, and just to say, that amp never got hot, wouldn't have even known it was on except for the red indicator light!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.