Hey, New audio system in car... Need help!!

Participant count
  • Participants list

keankrer

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi i need help for this audio system. i am completely new to this and need help with pretty much everything. What is the best way to wire it? (parallell or serial) what amplifier that would fit best for this system? what size wires i need and fuses? i think i can find out most of this on my own if just someone could explaine to me what i need to look for, or measue out and stuff like that. as i said im copletly new to this and dont know much.  Also what is my cheapest option, dont really want to spend much money on this right now. 

Skjermbilde.png

link to all products:

https://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/car-audio-coaxials-dieci-dcx100_3/

https://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/products/deh-x7800dab

the 6"x9" speakers are some old ones and all info i have about them is this: 

57284409_467497813791072_7839784511842811904_n.jpg also i mesured 4 ohm on them.

my uncle has this amplifier that i can buy from him but i dont know if i can use it: https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Amplifiers/GM+Digital+Series/GM-D8704

Last edited by a moderator:
your first resource is www.bcae1.com.  An excellent source for you to start understanding what and how to get going in DIY car audio.

It is recommended to stay with the same brand and product line with front and rear speakers so they sound the same.  Either Hertz Deci or Pioneer are ok choices.

An aftermarket head unit is an important piece as it determines what features you have and what sound quality you start with.  Kenwood is a good choice here.  You pay for features.

The amp you linked is compatible with an aftermarket head unit (via RCA cables and remote turn-on wire).  Power wiring install methods are important to research and require a fuse holder at the battery with insulated connections and safe routing that follows factory routing.  When in doubt, it should look like it was installed by the factory.

your first resource is www.bcae1.com.  An excellent source for you to start understanding what and how to get going in DIY car audio.

It is recommended to stay with the same brand and product line with front and rear speakers so they sound the same.  Either Hertz Deci or Pioneer are ok choices.

An aftermarket head unit is an important piece as it determines what features you have and what sound quality you start with.  Kenwood is a good choice here.  You pay for features.

The amp you linked is compatible with an aftermarket head unit (via RCA cables and remote turn-on wire).  Power wiring install methods are important to research and require a fuse holder at the battery with insulated connections and safe routing that follows factory routing.  When in doubt, it should look like it was installed by the factory.
but will what i linked work fine together, as long as i use the right wires and fuses or is there any better combinations? i have all the components linked in the post already, im just missing the amplifier.

The pio amp would be great, even ideal.

It is much more powerful than the 4's need, keep the gain low and the high pass filter pretty high.

There's no series/parallel issues.  It's a 4 channel amp with 4 speakers -- a speaker on each channel.

The pio amp would be great, even ideal.

It is much more powerful than the 4's need, keep the gain low and the high pass filter pretty high.

There's no series/parallel issues.  It's a 4 channel amp with 4 speakers -- a speaker on each channel.
ok thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.