hey guys im really confused someone look at this, remote wire?

NickCarullo
10+ year member

miami
i had a 600wrms amp with 2 15inch crunch 1400w subs there in my lumina and just recently i got a 3500w amp ever since i got this amp ive been haveing the problem were when i start to turn up the bass to a decent level my amp just goes in protection mode and turns off the bass someone said check your ground and positive wire so i did with my bass on and positive stayed about 12.5v - 13.5v and on the battery too up untill the bass hits and till the amp turns off and my ground is perfect and tight but when i checked my remote wire it starts at 12.5v then drops down to about 10.5v and my amp turns off then my volts slowly starts going back up till it repeats over and over again i dont get it why is it doing that btw i do have a little skinny 14g remote wire can that be the problem i never thought that even matterd though

i had a 600wrms amp with 2 15inch crunch 1400w subs there in my lumina and just recently i got a 3500w amp ever since i got this amp ive been haveing the problem were when i start to turn up the bass to a decent level my amp just goes in protection mode and turns off the bass someone said check your ground and positive wire so i did with my bass on and positive stayed about 12.5v - 13.5v and on the battery too up untill the bass hits and till the amp turns off and my ground is perfect and tight but when i checked my remote wire it starts at 12.5v then drops down to about 10.5v and my amp turns off then my volts slowly starts going back up till it repeats over and over again i dont get it why is it doing that btw i do have a little skinny 14g remote wire can that be the problem i never thought that even matterd though
sounds to me like you need some electrical upgrades

i dont ever turn my radio past 20 or my subs would blow im sure its a boss 3500d monoblock my subs are crunch 15" ground pound subs i mean even at 20 and my headunit goes to 40 it hits alot lot harder then all my freinds cars. but no my batter voltage dosent drop the voltage on my positive wire on both sides dosent drop my ground it perfectly secured and even the red powerwire going into my radio stays at about 13.5v so thats def not the problem jsut when i test my remote wire its at 12v at the amp and at the head unit. btw the headunit is kinda old can it be defective??

and when the bass hits my remote wire is the only thing that drops in voltage nothing else. the remote wire drops to about 10.5v then just turns off the amp then the volts slowly starting going back up to 12 and my amp turns back on and the same thing just repeats

Nothing is wrong with your remote wire and 14 gauge is fine to use. Your problem is that your most likely trying to use the same wiring that you had for the 600 wrms amplifier which just won't handle the amplifier upgrade if it truly handles 3500 watts. You will need 1/0 gauge wiring, battery upgrade(s), and big three will help out a great amount. Good luck with getting it situated!

omg -_- i have 1gauge wire already and the voltage on my battery, positive wire and everything else stays at a constant 13.5v i dont need any upgrades ive had a 2000rms amp with the same exact setup and never had a problem

the ONLY THING that is 12v and drops in volts in the remote wire thats it nothing else

omg -_- i have 1gauge wire already and the voltage on my battery, positive wire and everything else stays at a constant 13.5v i dont need any upgrades ive had a 2000rms amp with the same exact setup and never had a problem
the ONLY THING that is 12v and drops in volts in the remote wire thats it nothing else
Then reground your head unit to the body.

i dont ever turn my radio past 20 or my subs would blow im sure its a boss 3500d monoblock my subs are crunch 15" ground pound subs i mean even at 20 and my headunit goes to 40 it hits alot lot harder then all my freinds cars. but no my batter voltage dosent drop the voltage on my positive wire on both sides dosent drop my ground it perfectly secured and even the red powerwire going into my radio stays at about 13.5v so thats def not the problem jsut when i test my remote wire its at 12v at the amp and at the head unit. btw the headunit is kinda old can it be defective??
and when the bass hits my remote wire is the only thing that drops in voltage nothing else. the remote wire drops to about 10.5v then just turns off the amp then the volts slowly starting going back up to 12 and my amp turns back on and the same thing just repeats
that boss couldnt blow the speakers on my cell phone. its probably doing this because its poorly manufactured //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

also if your voltage it 12 somrthing to 13.5 or whatever you said you have problems

well the boss hits alot harder then my older 600rms system and it hits alot harder then the rest of my friends little 1500w systems so im satisfied with it. and okay i figured out the problem it was the ground wire on my head unit that was all loose now i can finally keep my bass on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but it made my rear view mirror on my windshield and my right rear view mirror fall off just now -_- thanks peace

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.