Hey Box Builders!

Well if you take the fact that you will have $35-50 into materials for a typical box, and you can sell it for 125-150 your time is worth 100. If you have all the tools already and the shop to do it in, it is a little extra cash, but if you habe to buy tools or set up in your garage and break it all down everytime you make one, meh I wouldn't say it is worth it. Then you have to box it up and ship it. More time Plus your going head to head with some pretty well established very skilled guys.

good luck if you decide to do it, hell at least your not simply giving up!

Good hobby, poor career choice....
Lol...I didn't look career deep man.

I figure it has to be some decent money on the side. Is it more of a weekend thing or is it a box everyday after work or something?

Here we go........Is box building funding your car audio habit?! That would be cherry for me.

if you live at home with mom, it'll pay your bills. fun to do if you know what you're doing and if you like learning. if you have sinus issues or allergies it *****. if you want to do something that makes money, i'd have to say learn how to do alarms and fiberglass work. but there are many ways to make money but if you're unestablished or new, good luck. name goes along way.

if you rip people off like tcab the it can be good money.

some stupid people are willing to pay a good amount for hyped up boxes

Good hobby, poor career choice....
x20. I make enough to finance my endless obsession with car audio. All of the money I make from Car Audio goes into a "special account". From this account I pay all of my costs. As I accumulate funds, I apply them towards my new projects. Sometimes I do extra special things if the money is good enough. Last year was a great year for me so I purchased a $4,000 upgrade on my wife's wedding rings.

Also if you start doing any kind of volume work then wear and tear on your tools is a consideration. Upcut spirals aren't cheap and MDF kills them in a hurry, same with a good table saw blade.

I'll stick to reffing ice hockey @ $30-40 an hour...

The easy answer is no. Could it? Possibly, just depends on what kind of volume you can sell and how efficient you can be....

Personally, if I could stay busy for 8-9 hrs a day, I could pay the bills with it, because Im pretty efficient Id say. Only problem is, it would take close to 1000 boxes per year to keep me that busy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.