hertz hsk 165 help

jaytoofly
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
new york
i have my hertz hsk 165 and they sound awesome and crystal clear. only issue that i have with them is that they are not loud enough. they get decent but not the way i want them. how loud are yours and did i make the wrong choice of speakers for loudness? maybe my amp isnt giving them enough power? i have a rf 8002 but im not sure if im getting enough power to them because i have a friend with o2 mids and tweeterspowered by a jl amp that is rated 150 rms per channel and his gets so much louder but mine has him on sq. and suggestions thoughts comments would be appreciated. also if i turn the gain up it starts to clip. thanks

Mine sound great on my Sound Digital amp...what ohm load is the amp @?

im not sure and they get really loud with some songs but others they arent but my boy beats me on loudness but i have more sql i just want louder with out scrificing sql

im not sure and they get really loud with some songs but others they arent but my boy beats me on loudness but i have more sql i just want louder with out scrificing sql
Well find out....you got a multimeter? ****'s easy.....

You might need to put more power to your speakers to make them louder. I had the HSK 165 powered by 2 Esoteric Audio E7152's. Yeah 600+ watts a piece might seem extreme but my speakers came alive with that configuration.

Mine are fine also. I am running full active, 80w to mids and 50w to tweeters. They get plenty loud and I could get a little more out of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.