Hertz HSK 165 - Fake/Real?

I tried emailing two different addresses for Hertz but haven't gotten a reply unfortunately. I guess I can try calling...but I think I'll go ahead and install these and hear for myself.

My company sells hertz the product looks 100% authentic, i never really look at the boxes but it really looks legit.
Would you be able to check the boxes and/or instruction manuals of the Hertz products you sell, and let me know if there are spelling/grammar errors?

Most probably a fake. I don't have old HSK 165 in the store. Only HSK 130 - but no spelling mistakes. Why i think it's a fake? Compare the crossovers with photos of the original one (type hertz 2w20 and do google images). Check the precision of your crossover. In Hertz everything is symetrical and there is different font in "C1" & "C2". Hope it helps. Sorry for bad english.

I tried emailing two different addresses for Hertz but haven't gotten a reply unfortunately. I guess I can try calling...but I think I'll go ahead and install these and hear for myself.
Awhile ago I sent an email to Hertz asking for the location of Hertz dealer in CA, NV, CO, UT, AZ, NM....Thy never replied. Then I called and left a message. I never received a phone call either. I just moved onto my other speaker choice.

woofefs...cmon...would a high end car audio company allow such an obvious spelling error to be shipped out in bold on the box of their product?? doubtful...im thinking you maybe have got fakes even though the set does look fairly decent.

to many fakes for me to take a chance....the fakes sound like shiit...compared to the real deal...pretty much pyle quality
pyle puts out mad deebeez //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

OK, I work at DC's Mobile Video in Evansville, IN. We were the local authorized Hertz dealer until a month ago. I am looking at the box and speakers right now. I have a couple ideas what you may be getting.

I do think they ARE original Hertz speakers, however i do no think they are the HSK-165.2 or the HSK-165.3 (current). They could be the original first run of the 165.1's.

Or .....

The speakers/crossovers/tweeters were sold with in huge lot with no packaging .. possibly "irregular-ish."

The box I am staring at has what appears to be much clearer ENGLISH as well as GREY packing foam and a clear round sticker holding the two ends shut (factory seal).

I know HERTZ/AUDISON does not allow Authorized dealers to post items on eBay. However, since we are no longer an authorized dealer, we will be selling most of our stuff on eBay very soon.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Evansville-IN/DCs-Car-Audio-Mobile-Electronics/136340046417192

Hope this helps, John Cates

i had the hertz hsk 163 components a while back and the box had grammer mistakes all over it. bought from a dealer 2 so i know they were real. my guess is that there just really old, not fake.

I am currently looking for a cheap decent set of comps and saw these on eBay. Now I'm thinking if it looks to good to be true it probably is

I cannot believe anything quality would have that kind of box.

I think that those were sold as a raw set of 2nd quality drivers and fake boxes were printed up to put them in.

That would be my guess.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.