Hertz HDP4 need help

Participant count
  • Participant list
You can do active. Mids on Channel b goes to 3.5k low pass. tweets on a channel with the x10 switch on Hi pass to whatever.
Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
What about xover for tweets?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Then you can't run active with no way to cut off the low end of the mid. You will have to use the amps HPF there so you won't be able to cut off the top end of the mid. I figured that deck would have a HPF. It's pretty standard these days.

If it truly don't have one then bridge the amp and run passive.
I got the bypass module. If I bridge with this amp. Do I worry about the xover settings?

Tweets on A channel. Mids on B channel
I understand that. Why should I set the xover for channel A and what for channel b. You only said the channel b. Do I need to worry about the rcas or they still go in channel 1?

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Set the high pass on the head unit to 80-100hzSet the low pass on the amp for the mids to 3500ish

Turn on the x10 switch and set the high pass for the tweeters to 3500ish.

That's a good start. Most tweeters will play that, ideally you want to bring the tweeters down to 2500 IF they can do it. Only good ones can. If you lower the tweeters also lower the low pass for the mids the same.
I will try these settings. If anyone got any other ideas please shine in. Thanks

I understand that. Why should I set the xover for channel A and what for channel b. You only said the channel b. Do I need to worry about the rcas or they still go in channel 1?

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

I will try these settings. If anyone got any other ideas please shine in. Thanks

Yea what he said. Tweets on (A) channel. Mids on (B) channel

Yea what he said. Tweets on (A) channel. Mids on (B) channel
Thanks for clarifying. My pioneer max 75w speakers for back should I run them from headunit or get another amp.

Thanks for clarifying. My pioneer max 75w speakers for back should I run them from headunit or get another amp.

Headunit if you want to keep them. You will find if you keep them hooked up that you either won't notice them or they will sound wierd. Rear speakers are a no no for SQ. And they usually just don't sound right anyways.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.