hertz esk 165l5

Participant count
  • Participant list

Abanndun

A friend has a brand new still in the box set he bought last week from a hertz dealer i went ahead and purchased a set of jbl ms 62c i cancelled the order now im wondering if i should save up and just get the hsk line instead of my buddies esk line rather have the hi energy series anyone think its worth that extra price to go from the esk to hsk?

Yes. Definitely worth the price to move up. I was not impressed what so ever with the esk line. Sounded very harsh and just didn't have a natural sound to it. I love HSK's. I run a set of Alpine spx17Pro's and like them more than the HSK's. Around the same price also.

Yeah, me neither but these are in a different class. They were also primarily designed by scan speak. Which makes very high dollar stuff. They are way above anything else alpine makes in house. Occasionally alpine will outsource and the put out some amazing products

Have the hertz energy 3 ways up front and hertz energy co-ax in the rears. Running off a JL 300/4 at 75 watts for the past year. Last week blew a woofer, on hertz website found the set was rated at 100 but the actual woofer was only rated at 70. Sound wise really enjoy them but it took me alot of tuning for about a week. The tweeters can sound sharp/harsh out of the box without tweaking. I replaced the woofer on both fronts with Polk MM6501 woofers from a component set. The Polk woofers are at 2ohm though but are "over sized 6.75" (but hard to tell the difference looking at them) and rated at 100 watts according to the back of the speaker. Personally the Polk woofers really put out the mid bass up front much better than the hertz energy woofers did and I'm pretty impressed so far. Will see how long they last, next round will spend more money and go with something better up front, personally I don't know if I would do hertz audio again, maybe the high energy line. I would would have to compare what else I could buy for the money vs the Hi-Energy hertz line. Don't know how the Polk MM 6501 components sound but have read good reviews for the money, I know the woofers from the MM6501's sound great!

Side note local dealer said Hertz would not send him replacement drivers on the energy set but would on the Hi Energy.

Side note local dealer said Hertz would not send him replacement drivers on the energy set but would on the Hi Energy.
That doesn't sound right at all. I think he was feeding you a line of crap to get you to buy a new set. Hertz warranties all their products and will replace something if it breaks due to no fault of your own. Regardless is it is the energy of hi energy line.

That doesn't sound right at all. I think he was feeding you a line of crap to get you to buy a new set. Hertz warranties all their products and will replace something if it breaks due to no fault of your own. Regardless is it is the energy of hi energy line.
I called 2 separate shops that carried them locally and couldn't order the energy woofers... Posted another thread on the Polk MM6501 woofers I picked up for 75 bucks used from a friend... 2 ohm but they sound BETTER than the hertz energy woofers did to be honest with you.

Yeah the esk line isn't very good. The polk MM's are pretty nice.

I just have a hard time that elletromedia wouldn't acknowledge a warranty.

Yea if i were you id skip the "local authorized dealers" and just deal with hertz instead contact them through their site and im sure they will work with you. I have a buddy with the esk165L.5 they sound perfectly fine when tuned correctly and they have tons of mid bass pumping through them. Took me about a week to tune them. I decided to hold off as im looking at the hsk 165xl

Have the hertz energy 3 ways up front and hertz energy co-ax in the rears. Running off a JL 300/4 at 75 watts for the past year. Last week blew a woofer, on hertz website found the set was rated at 100 but the actual woofer was only rated at 70. Sound wise really enjoy them but it took me alot of tuning for about a week. The tweeters can sound sharp/harsh out of the box without tweaking. I replaced the woofer on both fronts with Polk MM6501 woofers from a component set. The Polk woofers are at 2ohm though but are "over sized 6.75" (but hard to tell the difference looking at them) and rated at 100 watts according to the back of the speaker. Personally the Polk woofers really put out the mid bass up front much better than the hertz energy woofers did and I'm pretty impressed so far. Will see how long they last, next round will spend more money and go with something better up front, personally I don't know if I would do hertz audio again, maybe the high energy line. I would would have to compare what else I could buy for the money vs the Hi-Energy hertz line. Don't know how the Polk MM 6501 components sound but have read good reviews for the money, I know the woofers from the MM6501's sound great!
I had a set HSK165 tweeter burn out, send them back to Hertz and they send me a brand new set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.