Hertz Energy ESK 163L 3-way speakers, opinions, suggestions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

2012ScionTC
10+ year member

Was wondering if anyone has experience with the Hertz Energy 3-Way Component ESK 163L Speakers.

I upgraded the rears to the Energy 6.5 Coax speakers and they sound excellent connected to my Rockford P-400 4 Channel and was looking at upgrading the 3-way pioneers in the front of my 2012 Scion TC.

I found plenty of good information on the Hertz High Energy series but they are over 500 dollars and the Energy line is at 350.

Has anyone installed these that can provide some insight or thoughts on them? Are there other speakers in the $350 range that I should be looking at? It's amazing how expensive 3-way components are...

Thanks.

Thanks for the info, will look those up, how are they did you install them yet? (The CDT).

*ouch* looked those up and they are at $500, so for $150 more over the Hertz Energy they should be better!

Thanks

I have the Hertz HSK 165's and they are a very rich speaker. For a 5.5 they hit pretty good with bass and the tweeters are very crisp and dynamic. One of the best in that price range and worth it in my opinion. I push them with an Alpine F-30 which is about 60 watts x4 RMS. They are rated at either 100 or 125 RMS. I will probably upgrade to the Hertz amp next year to use them to their full potential.

Thanks ethosb, appreciate the info. I have the Energy line, 165 coaxial in the rears right now as my fill powered by a Rockford P400.4 but I feel like they are not getting enough power and am upgrading the amp to a 100 x 4, the rears are rated at 70 watts continuous and fronts are 125 watts. So I set the gains down a on the rears which I do anyway to keep them from messing with the sound stage of the front speakers.

So far the rears sound amazing, fronts are in shipping...Energy 163L 3 way components....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.