Heres alittle something I made

buckeyes#1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
p-town
ever get tired of trying to shove two 8awg wires into a sub terminal (I DID), so i had some free time at work and made these ,i notched them so they cant be pushed out of the sub terminal unless spring is pushed , i dont know if there is anything out on the market like this but will sure make it nice thought on this ?

fk0si2R.jpg
[/img]

FkRBG6l.jpg
[/img]

j5rDALh.jpg
[/img]

bvKgjaA.jpg
[/img]

they make all kinds of reducers like that, and i doubt you see any benefit from it unless you have an unusually long run from your amp to your sub.

they make all kinds of reducers like that, and i doubt you see any benefit from it unless you have an unusually long run from your amp to your sub.
not trying to benefit anything beside cramming 2 wires in 1 terminal

unless the cost is low, or your power input to the sub is ridiculous and with long wires, these are mostly left alone. for a one off thing that you can make it work its nice to have. looks cleaner and is easier to work with

I&#8 217;d be worried about it falling out
Look at the notch on it. Doubt it'll rotate and will likely be harder to pull out than just wire.

not trying to benefit anything beside cramming 2 wires in 1 terminal
Indeed. Trying to parallel subs with #8 cable is a PITA. Those are a very nice solution! I heartily approve. What would you sell these for? How cheap do you figure you could get 1000 of them built in China for?

It was not a long job about a hour worth of time , I wish I could mass produce maybe tool maker will take note and do it ..lol

It was not a long job about a hour worth of time , I wish I could mass produce maybe tool maker will take note and do it ..lol
good job.. i wondered about something just like that when i tried 2 10 ga it was all i could do to 2 12 ga in mine..

Used to be a guy on here, NRG made and sold a lot of aluminum gear and he made them too I have some on my subs and I definitely makes it easier to fit two 8 gauge wires in there and they won’t come off ! The only drawback I see is you got to be extremely careful dropping your subs into your enclosure so you don’t hit them and break something ! But all in all a great idea ! He s not doing car audio stuff anymore only special order, so you might could do some and make a little cash ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Used to be a guy on here, NRG made and sold a lot of aluminum gear and he made them too I have some on my subs and I definitely makes it easier to fit two 8 gauge wires in there and they won’t come off ! The only drawback I see is you got to be extremely careful dropping your subs into your enclosure so you don’t hit them and break something ! But all in all a great idea ! He s not doing car audio stuff anymore only special order, so you might could do some and make a little cash ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the heads up i never gave thought to when installing these heavy bast@rds and dropping them in the box , but ill be careful now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.