Here is my $1,200 system. Anything else to make it better ??? Need your opinion.

Igor718

Hi,

I've spent in total with install $1,600 on this system. Here is what I got.

In Infiniti i30

HU = Alpine 9813

Components = Focal 165K

Rear speakers = Original Infiniti

Amp for Focals = JL 300/2

SUB = RF 300 wats

SUB Amp = RF Punch 350 wats

Also deadened front doors with Dynamite.

What I would want to improve is maybe an even more cleaner sound. Also I'd want it to be louder, BUT not to hit my ears too hard. I had to get used to Focals.

More BASS would also be good.

So basically, my question is...

What would you add or replace in this system to make it sound better?

Thank you.

for 1600 dollars that system *****!....you could easily gotten..a 15 inch XXX for 450..a Hifronics BX1500 for 375 a eclipse or alpine deck for 350..and a good set of comps for around 250 and a dynamat trunk kit for 55 bucls and that comes out to be around hmm1500...

You need more bass? Get a new sub and amp combo. I say anything like eD 12A, RE 21XXX, Adire B12, SI D2 or something along these lines. And what sub you decide on, will dictate what power your amp needs to push. the eD a will need the least amount of power, the XXX the most.

Well, you're also a Best Buy'er eh? My sister dumped a $1000 with install into her system and she had two RF 12s that hit for 400w.

I spent so far under $500, and I have a system that hits for easily over 1500w, and it sounds 10 times better doing it.

What you need to do, is buy from an online retailer. Not only will you get a better price, but you'll get better quality. In my experiences, I've only seen **** from stores. If I were you, I'd get a 15'' SE or two, and hook them up with a Hifonics 1500 Brutus. Your system would be so nice then. Buy some dimensions from someone on this forum or have them build it for you (talk to LoneRanger).

You can get all that **** for about $500.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.