• Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
W

worse than stupid

I need help.

I have a crappy '97 Kia Sephia and want to get some new speakers and some subs or something.

Basically I need suggestions as to what I should get. I dont know how much I'm willing to spend. I don't want the best system in the world but I want something that sounds good, loud and has good bass (especially since i listen to hiphop //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif). Please help. Thanks.

p.s. I'm a complete newbie, please don't hurt me =)

What kind of money you looking to spend ? I would start of with a simple amp and sub. You would be surprised how much of a difference it makes. Nothing to big. Just a 100w-200w amp or so. And either a single 10" or 12" subwoofer.

My advice to you as a newbie is to keep doing what you are doing. Research. Your doing the right thing by trying to learn. To give a answer to your question I need more information like what you listen too other than hip hop, if you just want door speakers or subs etc.

Best advice I could give you is to sit down and read these boards. You'll quickly learn who knows what they're talking about, and you'll learn a lot from what they've said.

Like RangerMan said, research. research. research.

Are you sure you want a new sound system? Maybe work on getting yourself a new set of wheels. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Just kidding //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

So, start reading!

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I will lurk the boards and try to learn some stuff.

I listen to pretty much everything (especially when I'm with my girl, she's very diverse in her musical tastes). But the majority of my collection is hiphop.

As for budget, I don't know exactly because I don't know how much subs and speakers cost. So I'll do some more research and reply again when I have a better idea. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.