• Thread starter <SQAddict>
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 980
    Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<SQAddict>

Something went wrong. It happend to me tonight. All of a sudden my amp (ZX600ti Phoenix Gold) made my subs blast out some low bass note and they wouldn't stop. I turned the stereo off and the amp still made my subs play that note. I turned the car off and back on, and they still played that note, even though the stereo was turned off. I tried it again, and same thing. Finally I waited about 10 min with the car off, then tried it again. It finally stopped playing the note. After about 1 hour, played it it for about 30 minutes straight, and no problem yet. The amp was professionally installed and was given 4 gauge wire and proper connections. Any idea's about what went wrong? It is powering 2 8w3 for right now. I have never turned the volume up past half yet.

Sounds like something got fried, somehow. I'd take it in. If you've got a warranty, that is. If not, kinda *****.

Did this happen with the car and stereo both off? First I'd check RCA and ground connections. If all connections are good then I'd say there is deffinately an internal amp problem. I'm surprised that it worked after that. Don't take my answer as being set in stone, but get it checked out. I would disconnect the amp for now and not use it until it's been checked out. The amp may have a problem that could be fixed before it's completely dead.

That's the weird thing. (I'm SQAddict) It was benchmarked yesterday, and checked and all. The low note stopped when I turned the car off. Someone on the PG site said "A simular thing happened to my friend, it would deep and loud. I looked at the amp and there was a tiny strand of the power wire touching the remote turn on. Just check the connections very carefully until someone else can come up with a more educated guess." SO maybe that is the problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.