Help!!

blownsix
10+ year member

Bham
OK My headunit skips if i turn the volume up past 15-16 I know my subs are hitting pretty hard, My headunit is a Panasonic 8400U 2 12" Alpine DVC Type Rs and a HIfonics 1000B. Is there anything i can do to stop this ****? Oh i have 1999 Mustang Coupe.

forbidden
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
See if the cd player has a backstrap on it to help support the back of it. Chances are the shockwave of the subs is causing the laser sled to resonate and skip. If this is the case, a new cd player with a low resonant frequency laser sled and servo control will be in your future.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

This not what you think it may be. One does not bridge a monoblock subwoofer amplimer, just to set things straight. Bridging is what you do to a...
Probably won't hear now till Monday but during the week they respond in a decent time. Also send a msg via facebook if you haven't as I usually...
I've used that driver and the ported box is closer to about 2 cubes. We did 1 in a stuffed/sealed 1-1.25 cubic foot box, stuffed with 1 lb of...
Doing the Big3 and a better battery is going to help that alternator from working its azz off. HO Alternator is nice to have. id budget that in...
Is this a blue or blue/white wire from the Kenwood? The ACC wire is red and although that should turn on the amp, it is not the prefered wiring...

About this thread

blownsix

10+ year member
blownsix
Bham
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from