Help!!

blownsix
10+ year member

Bham
OK My headunit skips if i turn the volume up past 15-16 I know my subs are hitting pretty hard, My headunit is a Panasonic 8400U 2 12" Alpine DVC Type Rs and a HIfonics 1000B. Is there anything i can do to stop this ****? Oh i have 1999 Mustang Coupe.

See if the cd player has a backstrap on it to help support the back of it. Chances are the shockwave of the subs is causing the laser sled to resonate and skip. If this is the case, a new cd player with a low resonant frequency laser sled and servo control will be in your future.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

WANTED Need Help
I know!! they manage to have an insane amount of throw yet still hit those super crisp, tight hits, real shame there so hard to find. they can...
Thank you so very much I will make I happen an get back o you on outcome..THANKS again!!!!!
Nissan put Car Play in the 2018 HU. I was thinking going after market but I didn’t want to loose functionality and I prefer the stock look. Plus...
I talk about these boxes a lot, maybe cause Im biased, but they are just great boxes...

About this thread

blownsix

10+ year member
blownsix
Bham
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from