help

Participant count
  • Participant list

all.mixed.up
10+ year member

whats up I am having some issues with my system well I have 2 12s and they are getting 370 watts a piece @2 ohms and I'm having dimming lights and voltage drop so I did the big 3 upgrade and got a new battery but nothing changed. I know the battery isn't the best but its all I could afford at the time. Now I have ordered some new speakers and amp so I'm trying to fix this problem before I put them in. Do you think I need a high output alt. what I have now is 2 audiopipe 12s and a 1600 power acoustic amp. pushing 370@2ohms and I'm getting 2 15in re audios se with a 1500 watt class d hifonics mono block amp and I will be pushing 1500@1 ohm. Now when I turn my amp off and go to turn on my heat my voltage drops and also when I have my turn signal on my voltage gauge flickers. I think it might be the alt, I have ordered a 220 amp alt. Do you think that is my problem. And also this alt idles @ 105 amps is that good or not. thanks for the help

wiring, ground. cant imagine anything else unless you have a crap alt or the voltage regulator is shot. that little bit of power shouldnt hurt anything

is this a pontiac?

and with a 220 amp alt you could be doin a lot more power.

Its a 98 chevy blazer and figured that I could run more watts with the that 220 alt thats why I ordered it Because I plan to go bigger later on after I fix this problem. So I take it that the alt will be fine for 1500wrms. Where would the voltage regulator be located. I don't know much about that does that have to do with the alt. See my last battery was bad and I replaced it and it has been doing this for a while I believe the last guy that owned this truck had a system to. The coils inside the alt are black I heard that is was bad for them to be black, but you know how that hear say **** goes. I don't know man I'm puzzled I really don't want to get this alt if that is not going to fix the problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.