Help!!!!!

94hchb

I NEED HELP! i HAD TO WOOFERS CONNECTED AND I BLEW ONE SO I WENT TO BUT NEW ONES! i WENT TO TEST THEM AND NO POWER IS BEING SENT TO THE SPEAKER WIRES SO THE WOOFER ISNT BEING TURNED ON!! MY HI'S ARE CONNECTED TO MY RADIO AND THEY DO WORK. BUT NOT MY WOOFERS.PlEASE SEND ME ANY AND EVERY THING YOU THINK COULD HELP!! WHAT COULD BE WRONG???

Originally posted by IASCA pro 301-6 check the fuse on the amp. If that is fine, get a DMM and check the voltage at the speaker outputs, if there is none...then you blew your amp...
I already did that and i checked it with another amp! that amp was good but yet no sound. What else could i do??

so...amp 1 (origional amp) did not give any output. Amp 2, which was a know good amp, also did not give any output. The only thing in common is the speakers and the inputs. Are your speakers a know good entity...that is...are you sure that they work without question? If not, hook them up to anything just to double check.

Next, look at the input that the amp is getting. Take the output of another source, like change the RCAs if you have more than one, or try a buddies headunit. Then repeat your experiment...see if anything changes.

It has to be either/or. Did your amp work when put somewhere else?

Originally posted by IASCA pro 301-6 so...amp 1 (origional amp) did not give any output. Amp 2, which was a know good amp, also did not give any output. The only thing in common is the speakers and the inputs. Are your speakers a know good entity...that is...are you sure that they work without question? If not, hook them up to anything just to double check.

Next, look at the input that the amp is getting. Take the output of another source, like change the RCAs if you have more than one, or try a buddies headunit. Then repeat your experiment...see if anything changes.

It has to be either/or. Did your amp work when put somewhere else?
t speakers are good because the ones i bought are brand new. I checked the amp with my cousin's audio and it doesnt turn on, but i put a good amp on the speaker(old one) and nothing happened. Should i use my new woofers to check and see if they work with the good amp?? ps. Im getting pissed off listening to my hi's!!!!>>>>>>

Originally posted by 94hchb t speakers are good because the ones i bought are brand new. I checked the amp with my cousin's audio and it doesnt turn on, but i put a good amp on the speaker(old one) and nothing happened. Should i use my new woofers to check and see if they work with the good amp?? ps. Im getting pissed off listening to my hi's!!!! and i did change the rca plugs!!!!>>>>>>
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif ://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Sounds like your amp is fried, and may have blown the speakers with it. Not to be an @ss, but make sure you have the ground wire hooked up, I have seen people that had it installed professionally, and the ground wire came loose, and they didn't know what it was for.

Originally posted by Phatillusion Sounds like your amp is fried, and may have blown the speakers with it. Not to be an @ss, but make sure you have the ground wire hooked up, I have seen people that had it installed professionally, and the ground wire came loose, and they didn't know what it was for.
my ground is connected, maybe i should try my new woofers with a amp that i know is good!! thanks for suggestions

Originally posted by McCraperson did u check the in line fuse on your main amp power cable? that would make no power go to your amp, thus eliminating sound, power, etc.....
i checked everthing that was kinda obvios i think i know what it is. thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.