Help would be greatly appreciated (San Diego)

Participant count
  • Participant list

weestopher

Hello everyone! So I recently went to an installer to get some kicker components/coaxials/sub/amp and an lc6i installed. When I picked it up from the shop, the sub wasnt even turned on and the front passenger speaker wasnt even wired so they had to go back in and fix it. I've been trying to tweak the settings on my lc6i/amp but I just cant seem to make it sound good..

I hope I didnt just waste my money but if I did, so be it and I'll have it be a learning lesson.

Overall, if anyone is in the San Diego area or anywhere nearby, I would appreciate it if you could help me out and figure out if they truly messed up the install and if we can fix it/tweak the settings (lol i'll buy you lunch). Or if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Aftermarket HU will provide better overall clean signal'd power vs. that LOC to stock HU....which will translate to dirty signal from amps to speakers, thus limiting sound quality. No way to tune at all. @Jeffdachef can explain a little better than I can.

What kind of car? What is the car lacking? Describe what you're hearing and we can go from there. Sometimes it's properly sealing the doors. Sometimes it is settings and phasing. Sometimes a dsp is needed. What are your goals?

What kind of car? What is the car lacking? Describe what you're hearing and we can go from there. Sometimes it's properly sealing the doors. Sometimes it is settings and phasing. Sometimes a dsp is needed. What are your goals?
2015 Ford Fiesta ST. I think the car lacks clarity. Like some parts of it are good, I just dont know what to set gain settings to.. x-over frequencies and gain boost. Also what to set the settings to on my line output converter. Its like you can hear every section of the car playing at different levels. You can tell that the bass is coming from the back of the car. I'd like a well balanced system where there is bass all around. I like to feel bass rather than hear it. But I also like my bass to kind of linger? I listen to a lot of rap/hip hop/EDM so bass is very important to me no matter where im sitting in the car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.