Help with wiring kits - which to buy?

Peanut1181
10+ year member

Virginia
Hi Folks,

The local install shop is going to charge an arm, a leg AND an eye for the wiring kits that I need. I was wondering if you folks could recommend some for me. I'm starting from stock junk on an '06 Hyundai Tiburon. Here is what I'll be installing...

HU: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X790

Front Speakers: Rainbow SLC 265 components 4Ohm

Rear Speakers: None, disabled

Subs: Two MTX Blue Thunder Legend 4Ohm

Front Amp: Orion 6002 running 2 x 150w @ 4Ohm

Sub Amp: Orion 1200D running 2 x 300w @ 2Ohm

Can you guys fill me in on what gauge wire I might need and what kinds of wiring kits I'll need? I was looking at the kits on Crutchfield's website HERE for the amp wiring kit but I don't really know what I need. I'm guessing I need a multi-amp wiring kit (about 4gauge, is that right?), a wiring harness for the HU (THIS ONE? and some wiring for the components but I don't know where to begin with those. I'd really appreciate it if you guys could point me in the right direction here. It'll save me well over $100 if I can find a decent deal on this stuff online and not pay the crazy prices at my local shop. Thanks very much!

Peanut1181

X2 on the knukonceptz.com
x3.. i got mine in the mail about 2 weeks ago.. mines still sitting on the floor collecting dust until next week

i got the 4gauge wiring kit for like $36shipped i think it was

4gaugeampwiringkit.jpg

Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it. Because I have two amps will I need two of the wiring kits? Also, any recommendation on speaker wire? What gauge do I need? Thanks a ton!

Peanut1181

not to hijack the thread, but what do you guys think about streetwires?

the knukonceptz is sold out until january, and ****it i cant wait that long.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i think the knukonceptz kits come with speaker wire. can't remember if mine did or not.

i'd try to get a 2ga kit, then run it to a distro block, then to each amp. or you can buy a 4ga and 8ga kit and make 2 different runs. but 900rms through one 4ga cable is too small.

just spend the 100 bucks on the kicker kit, you will never need more,, alot of wire companys lie about the actuall size of the wire thats in the plastic sleeve.... imo

if you just want to get the wire,, I have a 0 awg fuse holder with fuse 200anl, for 15 bucks, and a 0 awg to 2 4awg split. 10 bucks,, this stuff is DBlink. all you would need is a run of power,, id throw in 5 feet of ground for free if you want my stuff..

i would say at LEAST 4ga, but aim for 1/0 so you have headroom and wont have to redo the process ever again (like me). IMO, do 1/0ga from battery to trunk, then you split it into TWO 4ga's to both your speaker amp and sub amp.

that kicker amp kit is a solid choice if you have funds for that. the only thing i can see missing is 2 pairs of RCA cables (one for speaker amp and one for front speaker amp), 3 ring terminals (one at positive of battery/two for each amps ground points), and lastly speaker wire (which i recommend 12ga for subs and 14ga for front speakers). ring terminals and speaker wire wont cost you much but RCA cables may depending what you pick out. you can find a good brand name pair of RCA cables for about $20 or so.

IF you decide to go with 4ga instead and save little more money, check out this kit by knukonceptz.com: http://knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KOL-AK44

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.