help with what to put in truck

Participant count
  • Participant list

crgroven
10+ year member

i put a aq1200d and an orion xtrpro104 into my 08 dodge ram quad cab and its not what i expected at all very little bump and even though the box looks nice and was told that sub would be noce free air sub they only put the box on three sides and used the open side as a port which is not working at all what boxes can i find and what subs would be recommended for this truck i have been thinking of alot of different ones and dont have much money to work with since i have a 3rd kid on the way. thinking of selling all my subs and amps to help out with what i need

what i have is a aq1200d, orion xtrrpro104, and 2 incriminator audio li 12 d4 ohm

No sub will perform well in free air. Some do well in infinite baffle alignments and some pro audio woofers can do well in boxes like yours but that sub is not a PA sub.

If you have room for the two 12s, they would do well in a ported enclosure or, your Orion sub would also do well in a ported enclosure.

Did you keep your back seat or did you leave it?

Also if you do still have it how much can be used for a box sitting on the seat?

Most if not all boxes under seats will not give you max output.

not looking for the max output because i will have kids with me at times but something to give it that little extra bump that you can with retaining all the seating in the truck

i have been on the dodge forums as well and they talk about fox box by joe fox, but he recommends subs that are out of the price range im going to need to be in he recommends alpine type r, jlw6, kicker cvx, and rf punch 3 series and i do like alpine but cant afford atm and dont care for kicker or rockfords and jl is just insanely priced. i would like to try to get into a ct sounds amp since they can be shut off by the remote and the subs im not sure on but i have the cz702 head unit so i have a good base just need to add from there been thinking re subs but also thinking of getting another orion and doing 2 10s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.