help with TRUE RMS and heat prob.

lbzcody

I have a Quantum audio qca-2000d. The specs on the net say 2000w at 1ohm. I will be pushing a ohm load. The specs on the net don't say rms or not. I have two t55 mtx 12s 600rms. So has anyone used this amp or knows if its true rms is really 2000..please heinlp I dnt wanna burn up my subs. I have them wired to 4ohm right now but everything stays warm. I am in az its 105°..but my subs get hot very hot..by subs i mean the coil in the middle (frm outside obviously)I think they would both do better at 1ohm load. Also running 2awg wire both ground and power. My ground is great and my big 3 are 100%..any ideas on rms for this amp and any other ideas that will help?

First off its fused for 90amps.... So 2000 is a dream more like 900-1000 on a good day. Its a cheap amp but that dont mean toss it but just understand its way way way overrated... As far as subs getting hot well some due just depending on the colling they have built into them. The only reason is you may be clipping them thus causing all this heat u speak of. If thats the case stop if or u will blow ur subs...

The entire description I read made me lmao.

The Quantum Audio Cozmik series QCA2000D 2,000 watt mono-block car amplifier has the nicest design we have seen. This is a class A/B amp so you can be sure the power is extremely efficient. This amp has a built in low pass crossover network so you can fine-tune and adjust the bass frequencies.

This amp is way more powerful than the cheaper brands who rate there amps at 3,000 watts. These amps are rated and tested during production. Quantum is known to make great sounding amps. We guarantee you will not be let down by the performance of this amp. This amp will make your subs sound extremely loud! In terms of sound quality, this amp is top of the line! It has a built in sub-sonic filter, which is only found in high-end bass amps, such as this one! Just to prove to you that this amp is extremely powerful, take a look at the photos, and you can see this amp is equipped with (2) 50A fuses. The fuse rating is one of the best ways to see how powerful an amp is. 100A of fuse power means this amp will be crazy powerful!!

We have tested these Quantum amps against some of the headliners in the industry such as Sony, Kenwood and Pioneer and these amps time over time outperform the competition. If you are looking for top of the line quality without overpaying this is definitely the amp for you and we guarantee you will be impressed with the performance. (We were blown away with how good these were when we tested them)

Other name brands spend a ton of money marketing there products, so you are not really getting what you are paying for. With Quantum you get way more than what you would pay for an amp at a similar price, labeled under a different brand name.

Honestly I highly doubt at 1 ohm is puts out anywhere near 2k. Maybe 1200 at 1 ohm but also it is a class a/b amp which is not very efficient. For that price I would have bought almost anything over it. Also if the subs are getting hot on 4 ohms on that amp your gain must be set all wrong.

The Quantum Audio Cozmik series QCA2000D 2,000 watt mono-block car amplifier has the nicest design we have seen. This is a class A/B amp so you can be sure the power is extremely efficient. This amp has a built in low pass crossover network so you can fine-tune and adjust the bass frequencies.

This amp is way more powerful than the cheaper brands who rate there amps at 3,000 watts. These amps are rated and tested during production. Quantum is known to make great sounding amps. We guarantee you will not be let down by the performance of this amp. This amp will make your subs sound extremely loud! In terms of sound quality, this amp is top of the line! It has a built in sub-sonic filter, which is only found in high-end bass amps, such as this one! Just to prove to you that this amp is extremely powerful, take a look at the photos, and you can see this amp is equipped with (2) 50A fuses. The fuse rating is one of the best ways to see how powerful an amp is. 100A of fuse power means this amp will be crazy powerful!!

We have tested these Quantum amps against some of the headliners in the industry such as Sony, Kenwood and Pioneer and these amps time over time outperform the competition. If you are looking for top of the line quality without overpaying this is definitely the amp for you and we guarantee you will be impressed with the performance. (We were blown away with how good these were when we tested them)

Other name brands spend a ton of money marketing there products, so you are not really getting what you are paying for. With Quantum you get way more than what you would pay for an amp at a similar price, labeled under a different brand name.

Honestly I highly doubt at 1 ohm is puts out anywhere near 2k. Maybe 1200 at 1 ohm but also it is a class a/b amp which is not very efficient. For that price I would have bought almost anything over it. Also if the subs are getting hot on 4 ohms on that amp your gain must be set all wrong.
Whoo lots of BS in there... In general there junk. SSA, Lanzer, PA, Vibe, etx same pawn shop lvl stuff.

2000D is a class a/b hell of a way to deceive:rotflol:guess you get what you pay for!

BTW OP your clipping your subs to death with that POS amp!

2000D is a class a/b hell of a way to deceive:rotflol:guess you get what you pay for!BTW OP your clipping your subs to death with that POS amp!

LOL clever marketing...... Use amp as a 800watt amp and ull be ok but overall its junk sry bro.. Clip away my friend

I have a Quantum audio qca-2000d. The specs on the net say 2000w at 1ohm. I will be pushing a ohm load. The specs on the net don't say rms or not. I have two t55 mtx 12s 600rms. So has anyone used this amp or knows if its true rms is really 2000..please heinlp I dnt wanna burn up my subs. I have them wired to 4ohm right now but everything stays warm. I am in az its 105°..but my subs get hot very hot..by subs i mean the coil in the middle (frm outside obviously)I think they would both do better at 1ohm load. Also running 2awg wire both ground and power. My ground is great and my big 3 are 100%..any ideas on rms for this amp and any other ideas that will help?
I seriously doubt anyone here who can offer up any useful advice has used that amp...I have not either. Do realize that with a 4 ohm load, you might be getting 100 to 200 watts to each sub with that amp.(a shot in the dark) I would strongly advise against reducing the resistance to 1 ohm. This will likely increase the problems you have now and introduce new ones to the mix.

Dropping the resistance to the amp will increase instability and generate a lot more heat in the amplifier, which will lead to thermal shutdown of the amplifier(or worse).

This will also intensify heat in the sub voice coils during clipping, possibly ruining them too. I would suggest researching the optimum enclosure design for the subs and play them clean. This will dramatically increase system efficiency.

Set the gain correctly, double check any x-over processing or subsonic filtering, etc. Keep it at 4 ohms and accept the output you receive.

Until you can power them with a more efficient amplifier, keep things on the low...and stay cool.

Wow! Just wow!

My gain is set at maybe 25% of the full setting. I understand clipping. With a dmm I set my gain..I can't remeber what exactly its set to. I'm in az do remeber that its hot here..very hot..id say my cars temp gets up around 120°… either way I have sumone with a o-scope to come out to see if the amp is actually clipping or not. I was more worried about putting 2k to my subs at 1ohm. Also I picked up two mtx t55 12's in a box with 1.4cf..and the (******) amp for 120$ so I dnt think I did to bad..I'm thinkin ill go with the brutus 1200.. what do u guys think?

Clipping is why thy are hot what are your gains set too.....

Maybe 25% ..my HU is old so I kept it low. 2ga wire. 1/0 ga ground I think..I think the subs get hot because to wire them to four first u hav..bringing that down te wire up to eight. Then back down to 4.. idk I guess its lack of experience..but makes sense to me pushing powere through the subs that are at a higher resistance would create heat. Maybe if I bring them fown to 1and back off the gain a bit?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.