Help With Subs And Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rlarque

CarAudio.com Newbie
Installed 2 Kicker Comp 12’s in a ported box. They are powered by a Kicker ZX750.1
Amp is rated for 750 Rms @ 1 and 2 ohms
Speakers are rated for 300watts a piece. They are wired both to 2 ohms.
I am having issues with smelling a burning smell. Have already had to replace 2 of the subs do to them burning up, Can anyone help me with why this is happening?? Thankyou

You need to get the gains on the amp set correctly. Sounds like you are sending a clipped signal to the subs. If you aren’t good at setting them by ear, try setting with a dmm. Set the dmm to ac voltage, turn the gains all the way down, unhook the sub, play a 40hz track -0 db, place the + and - to the speaker output of the amp, turn you radio 3/4 volume, and turn the gain up until you see 24.49 on the dmm

make sure theyre wired right.

heres for DVC... https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204374200-Dual-Voice-Coil-DVC-Wiring-Tutorial

heres for single coil... https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204374180-Single-Voice-Coil-SVC-Wiring-Tutorial

then check to see if the amp gain is set right. heres how. the test tones are at the very bottom...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...