Help with subs and amp

Dofa
10+ year member

Hi im new to this amp and sub thing..i have few questions..i already have an amp its Pioneer GM-D7500M Class-D Mono Amplifier 800 Watt..and im thinking to get a ROCKFORD FOSGATE P3 12" sub. now should i get a 2 ohms or 4ohms sub ? what is the differences between the two ? are there any other good sub you guys recommend for the same price of ROCKFORD FOSGATE P3 ? because my budget is around $150.00 or some where around that price ..and would this sub work fine with the amp i got ? would it hit good?

thanks for your time and help

so ORION XTR PRO12d4 or Audioque SDC2.5-D4 are better then rockford p3 ? how much better are they then p3 ? im sorry i really don't know much about the sub and amp world just heard about ROCKFORD cuz one of my buddy has it ..and if i get this sub what kinda box should i get it Sealed or Ported box ? do you recommend any box ? again thanks for your help guys !

2 or 4 ohms is the impedance your sub has. The impedance the amp sees will affect the amount of power the amp sends it. Generally if you half the impedance, you double the power produced. So if an amp makes 200W at 4 ohms, you can predict it will make around 400W at 2 ohms. some subs have two voice coils, and depending on how you wire the two together you can alter the impedance the amp sees.

You just have to make sure your amp is stable to run at 2 ohms, or 1 ohm, or whatever you're thinking of running it at. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

GET STICKY: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/68635-sealed-vs-ported-basic-info.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.