help with radio delay

Participant count
  • Participant list

vinny78
10+ year member

Here is my situation. I have a 04 chevy silverado no power windows no power locks and the ignition switch does not go back. This means that every time i want to sit in my truck and listen to music I must turn the key to the acc position to turn my stereo on. When I turn the key back to off position the stereo turns off and does not stay on for 10 to 15 min like other cars do. The headlights also stay on. Is there something that i can do to fix this such as adding a timed relay to the wiring of the radio and exactly how would doing so.

PAC Audio TR-7

IIRC, you can program it to do what you need.

You could tap the door-pin and add a relay and diod to switch the TR-7 to create a RAP style timer.

(AKA, Radio says on for X time, or you open the door and it turns off automatically)

so let me get this straight. The relay is wired so that it turns off when ignition is turned off then it turns on the tr-7 but what is the diode for??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.