Help with port for this box please...

You can use winisd to figure that out. I dont have it on my new comp yet so cant tell you for sure.
well he would probably just use 6" ports, however how long they are is another question.

Why not mount the sub normally on one side and do an internal/external slot port.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/905/smdbox.png' alt='smdbox.png'> Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

only if your sub could sit off side maybe? or aeros is your only option...

this is exactly why i would never run one of those subs, they are stupid to say the least,

but regardless you could possibly do pvc/aero ports that are part internal part external to get the length that youll need

Ya that sub might look cool but one its ugly as Hell two Steve is a **** and three I could get twice the sub for half the price and not worry about the **** size...but however aeros is your best best 2 6" aeros should need a 21-23" length I believe don't have the numbers in front of me so you could just stick em out the top a bit or use some pvc elbows or if your good heat them and bend them....

Well.... aeros it is then...

And whether it matters or not, I'm going to clear this up as much as I can. Steve is not "THE" car audio god... (don't really care for the dude...) but he knows his chit. Believe it or not, I only watch his build videos and that's it. I don't go to his website nor do I watch his "tremendous(sp?) bass" videos. My friend told me about this sub a while back and never cared about it until I saw a certain video (that actually has NOTHING to do with ol' Steve Meade.

...and those are 15s in that video also.
Now... as for the size, price, or whatever... if that's the case, I could talk about 96% of the people on this site on that particular subject. And it's actually kinda obvious that I could get 2-4 GOOD 15s for the price of this sub. I mean... I've had thoughts a while back of just doing a simple (not really...) 4 type R 15s in a wall and it would cost the same, if not less. But this is what I want now...

I mean no disrespect to you or anyone on this site at all and if it looks like it, I apologize. It's just my opinion and my choice and I'm sticking with it. Thanks for your help though...

Dude, There's been a single 10 do a 150.... and that was a type R if I'm not mistaken. (could be wrong) So your particular point is irrelevant to my opinion...

ok ok lets not bash on him or his sub choice it is what it is, as for the box, you pretty much know what you have to do..one other thing i dont know how much space you have under the sub mounting but maybe aeros from the sides so you wouldnt have to run external as well...

The sub will be inverted if that's what you meant...

edit: It will be inverted between the seats. I'll have to build a pedestal type platform for the stud coming out the back of the sub motor. Wood, steel... I don't know yet.

Dude, There's been a single 10 do a 150.... and that was a type R if I'm not mistaken. (could be wrong) So your particular point is irrelevant to my opinion...
there is also a single 8 doing 152.2 we could throw numbers around all day. you said steve knows his ****, but when it comes to use of equipment he clearly doesn't.

Sure we can... but why does the things steve knows or don't know OR the things he does or don't do have to do with my original post? I get your point guy. Never once did I doubt your opinion on the guy. I don't care about what he knows or does. The only thing you said to me that even involves me is the fact that you say I can do so much better than this sub setup that I want. I KNOW I CAN! But THIS IS WHAT I WANT. You and I both knows there's an 8 doing 150+ and there's like 8 18s doing 150+. BIG DEAL... Why do you have beef with me or my post on what "I" want to do??? That's my only question to you....... If you have some sort of problem with him then go to him or his forum or his youtube channel.... I don't care. Do you understand that?????? "I DO NOT CARE WHAT HE KNOWS" If you know more than him then congrats to you and your Car Audio knowledge. But I could care less about that also. I told you in the other post if I talked down on you or anyone then I apologize. But obviously you're trying to prove something. Nothing wrong with that except this is not the thread to do so. So you, sir, are wasting my time and yours.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.