Help with port for this box please...

bluelceii
10+ year member

SH0WTIME
Alabama
Alright... I'm needing help figuring out a port for this box. I will have the sub forward port up. Problem is I can't figure out how to do the port(s).

Vehicle: 96 ext. cab S10

Subwoofer: Ascendant Audio SMD 18 (inverted) Here

Amps: 2 AudioQue AQ2200Ds linked with Maxx-Link

Tuning: ~31-32Hz

Box Dimensions: 21.5 x 44 x 15 (HxWxD) shows it being 6.64 cubes... pic below

Port(s): doesn't matter round, square, slotted

I want the port on the highlighted face...

I can email the Google sketch up file if anyone needs it.

...forgot to add, I read that 100^2 inches of port area is ideal for this sub and bracing for the box will be added with extra baffles atleast on the sub side.

If you want a 31-32hz tuning you're going to end up with a port displacement of around 1.5-1.75ft^3, which cuts box volume down to below 5ft^3 after bracing...kinda small for that sub, but it'll work and still be loud.

With the sub inverted, are you stuck on having it in the middle of the box like that?

If you want a 31-32hz tuning you're going to end up with a port displacement of around 1.5-1.75ft^3, which cuts box volume down to below 5ft^3 after bracing...kinda small for that sub, but it'll work and still be loud.
With the sub inverted, are you stuck on having it in the middle of the box like that?
it's probably in the back of a truck so the middle is the sub inbetween the seats.

it's probably in the back of a truck so the middle is the sub inbetween the seats.
Yeah, that's what I figured, just wanted to ask to make sure. I'll be hard to get a long port up-firing in that box without getting too close to the sub.

Yea... that's pretty much my situation. Only thing I could do (for my comfort...) is do the 15"D at the top and 21"D at the bottom (wedge) which according to this calc. that makes it 8.11 cubes. No pick for that but I'm sure you'd figure it out. If it can't work out right with some kind of port after that, I'll just do a 15. I'm REALLY wanting the 18 though...

It's got a "stud" at the end of the motor built in for weight bracing.... which is why it's the only 15/18 I've ever had any thought of inverting that's not on the top baffle... Sure you can with many subs out there but it's the only one I've had serious thoughts on my own setup...

Not 100% sure but it will get done. I've had thoughts of building kind of a small box or pyramid like platform that way I can mount amp and bag switches in it also. And maybe a bushing(?) of some sort for the stud. Who knows... I may just use a steel bar with a plate welded to the bottom of it to bolt it to the floor of the cab and make a little "command center" console around it to hide it. But like I said. nothing is set in stone if you know what I mean...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.