Help with my Alpine 9830 with subs...please!

ownage9
10+ year member

$
detroit
I have a 9830, when I had it installed firstly (free installation) the installer did all the settings himself. He made it as loud as possible without being too distorted. Though, now someone hit the reset button on my head unit, so I have no clue how to make it loud with my subs like before. It used to be loud with my subs without using the MX function, and now the only way I can make my subs decently loud is using the MX function... that wouldn't be a problem except that it sounds distorted when I use MX and the subs are up in volume. Any help on the hz or frequencys or hi pass or low pass or anything to help my subs pound with this headunit?

well set your LPF and SSF on your amp. set your HF and LF to whatever you desire (maybe 80 and 120 respectively?) and then go to the equalizer. 4 bands with 4 frequencies each. bump up each frequency to what you like. if you dont know how to get to the EQ look at your manual.

theres also a defeat feature on alpines press the knob in till u get to defeat and make sure its off. if thas not it u gotta reset it. good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.