Help with mids for an active setup.

Participant count
  • Participant list

cd6551
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Corydon, IN
When i get my new car I plan to set up an active front stage. I plan to buy usd horns but Im having trouble deciding on a mid. I am trying to decide between id chameleons, xxxs, and eu-7000s. Any suggestions on what would work best for my application? Also, I plan on putting them in around .2 cube pods if I am able to make them.

When i get my new car I plan to set up an active front stage. I plan to buy usd horns but Im having trouble deciding on a mid. I am trying to decide between id chameleons, xxxs, and eu-7000s. Any suggestions on what would work best for my application? Also, I plan on putting them in around .2 cube pods if I am able to make them.
I hear many good things about Daytons... here's a link

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-374

maybe someone who has them can step in and sing praises on them... nice price too

that may be a possibility but my amp is a little big for those and im going to need mids that can keep up with an sx 18

You'd be suprised....

The eu700's are supposed to be strictly subwoofers, so I'd use 'em like that only.

The ID CX6.2 or CX6.4 (the actual mids, the components are those+xover+tweet) are decent. They have a large magnet so be forewarned.

I haven't heard/used/seen the xxx mids although I wish I had.

A good option to consider are the IDQ6.5 or IDQ8s that float around here from time to time. They usually go for about 200 a pair for either or. They're old, and they're kinda rare, but they're worth it.

Here ya' go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Image-Dynamics-IDQ6-6-5-midbass-speakers_W0QQitemZ9702647960QQcategoryZ18799QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

well right now i have the 4 ohm chameleon set. I was thinking about keeping the mids and using them with the horns.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.