help with item i sold on here!

ben031681
10+ year member

I sold an amplifier on here 6-25-11 to a member that was in great working condition, then i shipped out this last week in which he recieved the item on 6-30-11 and had giving me positive trader feedback @ 1020 am that morning saying item was legit and i was a fast shipper, then on 7-1-11 @ 448 a.m. i recieved a pm from him saying the item did not work and he filed a resolution with paypal and now i'm negative in my account, since then we have communicated several times via pm on this forum. when i asked him why he gave me positive feedback with item is legit he replied that the item had a seriel number located on it so he gave me positive feed back. i feel like maybe someone has fried an amp several hours later after giving me positive feedback and now expects me to eat the cost and risk my name on the forum, it all just does not make sense, me personally i check an item to make sure it %100 works as soon as i get it and then i give positive feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well immediately filing a paypal claim is kind of strange, he should have contacted you first to talk it over. Have you spoken with him about how he determined it's broken?

yes he is stating when it is hooked up to 12 volt it does not turn on but as soon as he unhooks it for a second and hooks it back up it kicks on then goes back off. i told him it sounds like a wiring problem, he says his other amp has no problem staying on though

yes he is stating when it is hooked up to 12 volt it does not turn on but as soon as he unhooks it for a second and hooks it back up it kicks on then goes back off. i told him it sounds like a wiring problem, he says his other amp has no problem staying on though
did he hook up the remote wire? i sold an amp once locally. dude called me the next day saying it didnt work or whatever. I drive to his house and he had pos and neg but no remote. i jumped the 12v to the remote, amp fired up and i left.

did he hook up the remote wire? i sold an amp once locally. dude called me the next day saying it didnt work or whatever. I drive to his house and he had pos and neg but no remote. i jumped the 12v to the remote, amp fired up and i left.
lol, I still remember thinking my little Lanzar amp didn't work because when I tried to hook it up I just hooked up power, ground, and the speaker leads. (My first install ever, I believe I was 16)

thats what i was thinking and paypal is telling me we have to decide what to do by 7-21-11 or they pretty much side in his favor even though i have a positive feedback from him

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.