Help with Grand Am install!!

It really depends on whatever you feel like doing for whichever way you want your subs facing. Them facing the front MIGHT give you a little louder sound...but you'll have to test that.

The port - ya its fine to have a port in the back...I have one up in my room that way...but is it going to be slot or circle? It all depends on what you want...boxes are fussy, just the subs inside.

BTW what year grand am and what type? What color and you got any pics? Sorry, I like Grand Ams...a lot.

- pe@ce //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

im running my eDk12 firing towards the rear of trunk in the Grand Am.. on GAGT.com forum, some guy did a response graph of everything, and there was more cabin gain with them firing to rear of car...

as for porting at back, unsure of.. i know porting in the front is ok:)

becuz if you port back, w/ subs firing front.... all your port air will be shooting into the seats anyways //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Originally posted by more_spl on GAGT.com forum, some guy did a response graph of everything, and there was more cabin gain with them firing to rear of car...

good ol' quinton....only bad thing about him is that he is running an EVO-R sub.

I always told that it is a bad idea to port on the direct opposite wall of the sub. I may be crazy but when I worked for an install shop I was always told by the more experienced installers that the port shouldn't go opposite the sub. Any other combo is ok though. Oh yeah, and to answer your question, The only position I wouldn't put the subs is firing up because it may cause your truck lid to rattle a bit more. But to the back or front is simply up to you testing and choosing what you like best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.