Help with Dodge Charger Setup

R3volt

Looking for 2 12" subs to throw in the trunk of my charger. My main concern is being musical with high sq but reasonable spl when needed. The two subs I have been looking into are the IDmax and the RD sonance. If these subs aren't comparable, forgive me as I'm still trying to get a hold of this audio stuff. Any other suggestions would be great since I'm trying to get the best bang for around $1000.

On another note, I've read that porting the enclosure into the cab of the car makes a hell of a difference. But aren't sealed subs better for sq?

Thanks for any help! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

JL is a brand name everyone & there mom knows. I have a pair of w7's 12's that go out performed by my 2 12" alpine type r's. I would go with the AQ's in a heart beat unless you can find a deal on the ID max 12's. I had the max's in the past & they are some badazz woofers.

Thanks for all of the help guys. I can pick up an IDMAX for $250 but I'd still have to find another one. Lots of people saying AQ, should I get the aluminum coils if I go that route?

Thanks for all of the help guys. I can pick up an IDMAX for $250 but I'd still have to find another one. Lots of people saying AQ, should I get the aluminum coils if I go that route?
How much power are you gong to have pushing them? I got copper on 2 sundown 1500's strapped

Props for the connection TurdFergueson, didn't pick that up right away //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How much power are you gong to have pushing them? I got copper on 2 sundown 1500's strapped
How is that setup treating you? Good sq? I wouldn't send that much power while they were still in the charger, it would weigh it down too much. Possible future install into an avalanche.

Props for the connection TurdFergueson, didn't pick that up right away //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How is that setup treating you? Good sq? I wouldn't send that much power while they were still in the charger, it would weigh it down too much. Possible future install into an avalanche.
I love it. It plays all sorts of music very well. If you dont want to run that much power posibbly look into the AQ SDC 2.5 off a AQ 1200 or a sundown 1500. You can almost get 2 of the SDC's for the price of that 1 ID max

I love it. It plays all sorts of music very well. If you dont want to run that much power posibbly look into the AQ SDC 2.5 off a AQ 1200 or a sundown 1500. You can almost get 2 of the SDC's for the price of that 1 ID max
If price ain't an issue, would that still be the best way to go sound wise?

I would say there is nothing wrong with it but what I think will sound good you might not like. But for 2 12"sdc and the AQ amp you can get for under 550 you cant beat that.

k so i have a couple things... first things first... you are gonna want to go into your trunk remove the beauty panel that goes under your rear deck... then towards the right side of the rear deck you should feel a hole that is covered in a layer of sound deadener... cut that bish out... these chargers **** and getting air flow into the cabin... their rear seat pretty much should just be a wall to seal off everything from coming in... and secondly... go with omega 12's... pm me for details...

Idmax's all day long, by far!, audioque stuffs alright but not the same quality. Audioque amps are good budget amps but aren't that great, they're made on cheap zenon boards.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.