Help with choosing a HU under $200

Participant count
  • Participant list

calfee001

I have a 1990 Nissan Pathfinder and a pair of Infinity Reference 6012si for the doors and some Alpine SPS690A for the rears. I will add a sub later - probably the 10 or 12 inch kit from parts express (any thoughts?). What I am looking for is a really good amplifier section with adequate power. I do not listen to loud music but would listen to music loud enough to still be to loud for my parents if you get my drift. I do not need tons of features just an analog input and one preamp out. I really want some nice warm midrange extension. I don't like a lot of flashy crap (I drive a 16 year old car for crying out loud) but a removable face is prefered. I went to crutchfield and they had way too many choices for my lack of experiance to comprehend. Nevertheless, I was looking at the new Pioneer DEH-P4800M and a few Alpines. I would like to keep it under 200 bucks. There are so many choices out and I haven't purchased anything like this in years so any advise you can give would be great. Thanks in advance.

the alpine 9847 looks good for what you need, i have had experiance with it and it has very good SQ for the pricerange, it does have 3 preamp outs but you never know when you might ad another amp.

Maybe you can buy a Pioneer DEH-P6700MP, they go for $159 plus let`s say $20 s&h at http://www.ikesound.com it´s seems to be a nice unit for the buck or a Pioneer DEH-P7700MP which look more fancy for $195.

or in ebay the kenwood excelon kdc-x589 for something around 150-170 it has 4 volt outputs for your amp and 24bit DAC so it must sound pretty nice for the money, but the display isn´t organic like the pioneers...

hope it helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.