Help with brand choice (fiberglass)

Participant count
  • Participant list
best place to get resin and other fiberglass supplies is your local boat shop. 1 gallon at boat shop ~$20, 1 quart at big box or car shop ~$20. brand of resin and mat isn't really going to vary in quality but the filler you use will. I've seen ppl use 3M Bondo and it work just fine but not many. I personally use 3M Lightweight filler or Evercoat Lightweight filler. if you can fork out the money use Evercoat Rage Gold filler. hardener, just get a big bottle of MEKP with top feed measuring bottle.

I use bondo brand glass cloth, roesin and fillers. Haven't had an issue with them yet. Just don't mix it too hot if your not savvy with glass. Takes longer to cook but it gives you longer to work with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.