Help with amplifier!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

DJSlowfets

Senior VIP Member
CA
I need serious help i have searched all over the internet and have not found one thing! everyone is so helpful on this forum so thank you ahead of time for at least reading this :)

I am going to be purchasing Alpine SWR-12D4 just copy and search :)

They say rms power to be 300-1000 watts so i want to run them at 600 watts @ 4 ohms i need an amplifier that CAN power 2 subs at 600 rms so i need a true amp that has 1200 watt rms at 4 ohms but cant find anything on the internet....?

so this leads to my next question why not get 2 ohms seems like it is easier to find amps for that..???? and what is this 1 ohm some say it has to be absoultley stable i need this explained to me im young and about to get first car please help ! :)

I personally like 2ohms for daily music,and will do just fine for you.Wont be easy to find an amp that will do approx 1200 rms @4ohms,if you do, it will not be cheap by any means.You can purchase 2-dvc2ohm subs,and run @2ohms,might be easier to locate an amp within your budget.Other than that, you have the option to still buy the DVC4 ohm subs, and run one amp ea to ea sub@4 ohms,would be another option.2ohms serves quite well,and most of the time cooler on most amps as well,as a bit easier on the electrical than a 1ohm load.

Wire them to 1 ohm, and find an amp that does 1200 rms at 1 ohm, this is not a big deal. It seems like you need to do a lot of reading before you venture into this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.