help with amp choice

Participant count
  • Participant list

curtg

Utah
My gf just got a car and wanted to get a system put in it. She ended up picking out a kicker amp that was pre stalled in a kicker box

KICKER | 12" CompR Loaded Enclosure

I was told where we bought it that this was a 2 ohm dvc sub and could but switched to a 1 or 4 ohm load with the impedance switch. I had an amp that is stable down to 4 ohm when bridged that pushed 500 watts that we were going to use. When I got home and got ready to install it I found out that this is actually a 4 ohm dvc sub and can be switched to 2 or 8 ohms. Now I am going to need to buy a new amp. Does anyone have any recommendations for an amp between $100 - $150 that will push 500 watts at 2 ohms?

I have looked at a Rockford Fosgate but don't know much about the amp

Rockford Fosgate R500X1D 500W RMS Prime Series Class D Monoblock Amplifier

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

One on a car audio classifieds site for $80 right now.
Doesnt say its been tested out..only that it is mint/looks/see what you get??..I couldnt Quote, as Ive only got 19 postings, and Ive been a member since 2012..lol

Doesnt say its been tested out..only that it is mint/looks/see what you get??..I couldnt Quote, as Ive only got 19 postings, and Ive been a member since 2012..lol
Good catch! If it works it's a good deal.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Phoenix Gold RX 500.1 Monoblock Amplifier
Normally $185 but we could do $150 shipped on it for ya.
Shot y'all a message on fb but no response. :'(

Good catch! If it works it's a good deal. 

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Shot y'all a message on fb but no response. :'(
Sorry we havnt gotten back to you. When did you send it? Send us a PM on here and we can take care of whatever you need.

I can vouch for Vertex.Bought and dealt with on a few and some the best Customer service Ive experienced,and great deals and products.
Really appreciate that. You have been a great customer!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.