Help with Alpine subs please?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr. Loki
5,000+ posts

Banned
Missouri
Can Someone please tell me if alpine makes a Type-S 15??

If I have a jbl p180.2 amp running to an alpine type-s dual voice coil sub would i get more power running 1 channel to one coil and the other channel to the other coil or just bring the amp and run it to both coils....what would be the best way to utilize the amp to the sub????

thanks for any help jeremy

Thanks, but as you see I have 2 alpine type-s dual coils....can you help with the wiring? like I mentioned.....what would be the most power and best way to push these subs??

wire the way i tell you and they will pound

wire both subs on one voice coil a wire from pos 2 neg and on the other wire it pos 2pos and neg to neg

then you can bridge them them or just use both channels can ur amp be bridged? if so do it u will get more power any thing else just ask

well first off we need to know what the subs are....2, 4, 8 ohm subs??? or somthing diff...let us know then we could recomend the best way to wire them...sine im sure that amp puts out 180x2@2ohms....the optimal wiring config. would be at 2 ohms....but give us the info first...good luck

Ok im confused....the jbl p 180.2 can be bridged to 360 @ 4ohms....

Now to make it easy say left + and left- and right + and right - how do it wire the sub for best performance and deepest bass/most power??

on the first voice coil put left+ 2 the left - do the same on the other sub then from the amp run the pos to the pos and the neg to the neglike the other guy said you can briddge it but it depends on ur subs ohmsif dual 4 ohm coils just run each sub to eachchannel is this any easier?

its 90wx2 @4ohms and 360x1@4ohms the subs are dual 4 ohms...So just run a wire from left + to left - and right + to right- then run wire from 1 channel bridged to left + and left - and a wire to right + and right -??

wow u confused me bad go to http://www.jlaudio.com on the top of the screen it will say tutoriuls click on that then it will say dvc under that it says wiring subs then it will hav a selection 1-10 on toip it will saydvc1-10and bottom svc1-10 click on 2 dvc then wire them how it says parralell thats the easuest way for you to learn is to see its jls site but wiring them the same way and dont bridge it cause ur amp is not 1 0hm stable it will pound but probably over heat frequently

its the jbl p180.2

What would be the best door speakers any size for 70$ a pair....I want some bass, but mostly for good sound quality/highs?? Run an amp to the doors or what?

masterbass do you have msn messenger or some way I can chat with you?? I got the alpines hooked up already, but I wanted to know if I could get them bangin harder with no money and using what I got??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.