Help with Alpine 9815 cutting out.....

Participant count
  • Participant list

MValley70
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So I have been using this 9815 for a few years. I hope nothing is wrong with it and hope it is just a loose wire or something because I love this HU.

I am not into Car audio like I use to be. Just replaced the busted stock 6.5's yesterday with some Alpine Type S coaxs (run off HU power). Running an Arc 12 off a MTX Pro 752.

So once out of about every 8 to 10 times I crank my Tahoe up there is no sound coming from my door speakers. There is bass coming from the sub but nothing from the door speakers. When this happens I have to turn the car off and wait a few minutes before I turn it back on for sound to come from the doors. If I turn it off, open the door (to turn off power to HU) and then turn it right back on there is never any sound from the doors....always have to give it a few minutes.

And....almost always if I am sitting in my car listening to music with the car off and just the ACC on.....and then crank up the car.....there is always no sound coming from the doors....just the sub.

So I have gathered that there is either:

1. a problem with the internal amp (figured not since it works most of the time)

2. A loose wire somewhere....I think I read that if a speaker wire shorts the HU's internal amp gets shut off so it doesn't blow a speaker.

3. Not a good connection from the HU to the Batt.....(I ran a power cable strait to the batt for this HU....V-drive)

I have been really busy lately and haven't had a chance to check everything but I didn't see a problem with the stock wiring in the doors when I replaced the stock speakers yesterday.....I figured that might do the trick since my drivers side door speaker was busted....thought that was causing a short and causing the internal amp to cut off.

Anyone had a problem similar to this? In order to check this stuff out is there any special tools I will need? How should I go about trying to dissect this problem?

Thanks in advance

Scott

I have this problem right now...seems to work when I unplug my rcas into my second amp....I dunno Doesn't matter im stripping my gear tonight
Yea well since mine speakers are running off HU power....I don't think we have quite the same problem

Scott

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.