Help with 6.5 and 6X9 Install

REAudio2001
10+ year member

Michigan
Hey,

I just bought a set of 6.5's and 6x9 Alpine type R's. I also bought a Alpine MRP-F300. The speakers are all 4 ohms. Just wondering can I bridge these somehow to get them to 2 ohms?? The amp puts out 75X4 at 2 ohms and only 50X4 at 4 ohms. I can do this all day to a sub, never thought of speakers. Just want more power to them!! I know I could connect the two 6.5's together and use positive of channel 1 and negative of channel 2 and same for the 6x9's off channel 3 and 4. Is that correct,,, thanks fo any help

You know I dont think what I am after is possible. I would like the amp to give me 75 watts per channel, but that is only an option at 2 ohms. All my speakers are 4 ohms and thats 50watts per channel if thats the case I might as well use my head unit right??? Its 50X4 anyways

dont run them off the HU..use the amp..you can mess with your settings on the amp..and its 50 rms on the amp..HU usually do about 22rms..at least my last alpine did

Can I run these in parallel making them 2 ohms?? Then use the positive from one channel and the negative from the other channel to make them 2 ohms or am I thinking wrong lol

i say sell the amp and get a 2 channel that does around 225-250 per channel @ 2 ohms, then wire your speakers in parallel, or a 4 channel that does 100 per channel @ 4 ohms, but I'm assuming the first would be easier on your pockets

type r speakers are power hungry like their sub counterparts

You can bridge the amp but amps are only stable at 4ohm bridged. I am assuming your speakers are 4 ohm. If you wire two in parallel you have a 2 ohm load. You should run all to their own channel. I have run type r components off of head units and they sounded great. off of an excelon kenwood head unit in one of my friend's setups. You can either run each speaker to its own channel or run two in parallel to one channel and the other two to a single channel leaving 2 channels unused. I would run each to its own channel or like the previous person said get a two channel that is 2 ohm stable or a good 4 channel.

Hope this helps,

Joe

either get a more powerful 4 channel or just use the one you have and run each speaker to it's own output... that extra 25 watts wouldn't be worth it anyway

Ok man if you do want to get a better amp here is one of the best SQ amps still to this day ZXti Amplifiers it is the Phoenix Gold Ti475.4 or the Ti500.4 you can find them on ebay or the Phoenix Gold website forum i have one of each and they are very VERY good amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.