BlackMaxima
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
LA
for my 3 way front stage this is what im thinking about getting

Tweeter: Scan-Speak Illuminator R3004/6020

Midrange: Fountek FR135EX

Midbass: Peerless SLS

for crossover points this is what im thinking, and then from there ill start tuning and making adjustments

Tweeter:6500khz to up

Midrange:160hz to 6500khz

Midbass:60hz to 160hz

Subs: 20hz to 60hz (IB in rear deck x2 12inch Idq v3)

TY

Locations?
Locations will be

Midbass: in the doors

Midrange: in a kicks sealed

Tweeter: in pillars

I might change the mids from Fountek FR135EX to Hi-Audio Prolific

here is the link

http://www.haudioincus.com/Acappella-Series.php

powered by:

1) ArcAudio KS 300.4 (90X4 for the twets and midrange)

1) ArcAudio KS 300.4 bridged ( 350x2 for the midbass)

1) ArcAudio KS KS 1000.1 for the subs

That's an expensive tweet and you're not planning on crossing it over low. IMO, I'd look at a more affordable tweet, maybe the Peerless HDS or something.

Affordable is subjective. There's a huge size diff.

Anyhow. With the listed mids and tweets you have a wide range between them that you can cross them. That's a very low FS tweet and the fountek extends very high (fullrange iirc.)

With those locations, the higher the midrnage plays, the more problems you might have with stage height, however, some argue that the mids should play the whole vocal range.

Those xover points you listed sound like a good starting point, though I would probably cross the tweets lower.

No one can really give you specific xover points to use. Its best to tinker and adjust, trial n error, to see which sounds best and suits you.

As long as your speakers are playing safely within their limits, then you're fine.

thanks james

I just want to have a starting point and then from there ill start to tuning it

ill just start with this

Tweeter:2000khz to up

Midrange:160hz to 2000khz

Midbass:60hz to 160hz

BTW james i got a tread on DIY mobile audio

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diy-mobile-audio-sq-forum/72586-my-first-3-way-i-need-some-help-plz.html

if you wanna come and check it out
2khz(i think that's what you mean) would be the lowest I'd recommend for that tweet.

...no thanks on that diyma stuff. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Play around with the lpf on the midbass. You could probably raise it up just a little bit too. You're also going to have to fool around with the slopes. The only one I can definitely say is to put the steepest slope on the tweeter hpf. Also, I've heard many times that a nice slow rolloff from the subs to the midbass helps out the usual difference in output between the subs and midbass. I kinda like it too. The rest depend on you.

Any reasoning behind the steepest slope possible for tweets, blue?
Just was I was told over and over (for the lowest recommended xover point). I don't have any tests done on it but its probably due to the mechanical limit of the tweeter right? Also, it seems to me that the octaves in that range cover a wider range of hz so that less overlapping will be the result. Some like it I suppose, I've tried it but went back to steep. If my mid and tweeter were closer (side by side possibly), or if I changed the power going to the speakers, or just a couple other eq adjustments might make me reconsider having a default steep slope. I'm not quite there yet, still a novice.

with tweets having fs of 600-1khz, you can have common xover points of 2.5-3khz+khz and use shallow slopes safely.

Remember, the slopes messes with the phase.

with tweets having fs of 600-1khz, you can have common xover points of 2.5-3khz+khz and use shallow slopes safely.
Remember, the slopes messes with the phase.
Amen to that. I was experimenting with this very topic maybe a month ago and it wasn't sounding very nice at all.. more like a ringing on certain frequencies. I quickly stopped that and set it back to what I liked.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.