Help...What type of wiring Kitt

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bowce17

hey ~ Im going to be running a 600 watt amp and it is about 14 feet away from my battery. Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of of wiring gauge I should use. I am pretty sure it will be between 4 and 8 right?

*I also would apprieciate any suggestions on a wiring plan for a 94 Caprice. Thx

My starting system:

Legacy 600watt 2 ch amp

2 12" Kenwood tornadoes

Pioneer Deh-p47dh

rangerman is right, 8 awg should be enough. personally, i'd go with 4 awg wire if i was running a 600 watt system, because if i was to upgrade, i wouldnt need to run my wires again. i would say anything over 800 watts would require 4 gauge wire, but i like to be on the up side of things. and u wont be getting 600 watts out of that amp either, so ur right in the ball park for 8 gauge wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.