Help w/ fi q12 sealed box design

Participant count
  • Participant list
I wanted to get input from anyone that has/had this sub and ran it in a sealed enclosure. what size sounds the best? they recommend anywhere from .8-1.5 cubic ft. I am gonna have it firing towards the ceiling of my hatchback, and run it off a crossfire vr1000d which puts out about 1200-1300rms at 14.4 @1ohm. Any suggestions would be appreciated

The larger box will give you better response but since we're talking about sealed enclosures, the difference will be minimal at best. If your goal is anything other than saving space I would encourage you to use a ported enclosure.

The larger box will give you better response but since we're talking about sealed enclosures, the difference will be minimal at best. If your goal is anything other than saving space I would encourage you to use a ported enclosure.
I have a hatch back and kids, my wife can't stand the rumbling my sundowns do, so I compromised and purchased a fi q for more tight, accurate bass. They are building mine with the high qts, I heat ring(lower inductance), and p chamfer. I hear ya, but I'm not trying to be the loudest on the block, as opposed to ENJOYing my music and still being able to get down when I want while still keeping the wife happy. Plus my hatch is pretty small. have 2 cubes and it already takes up enough room

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.