Help! Tags don't display on pioneer 8400mp

Fruitbat
10+ year member

MN
Just got a 8400mp installed last week. I cant seem to burn a disk with Musicmatch that allows the pioneer to display the tag infomation. I just get "No Aritst Name". the musicmatch I have is 7.0 I beleive...just bought it 6 months ago.

Now, I have an older disk that I burned a month ago that works fine, and I have a disk burned from a friend that works as well (he also uses the same musicmatch version).

I've tried every combination I can think of under the "settings" in the burner that I can. Have no idea whats going on.

One theory that I haven't tried yet, is to burn the disk as a "data" disk instead of an "mp3" disk. Dont know why that would make a difference (the tracks burned in "mp3" format seem to have the tag info...i checked by accessing the burned disk through my cd-rom).

any suggestions?

First....open the MP3 in WinAmp and go to the ID3 Tag Settings and make sure everything is correct, then burn it as a data CD. I have an 8400 and have no problems with it....only time I get what youre getting is when the MP3 itself doesn't have any ID3 settings.

I don't have a mp3 player in my car, but here's what I know.

The ID3 tags are not created when they are burned. They are part of the mp3 file itself. The file contains data for reproducing audio and also data for text info. fSo you will need to edit the *.mp3 file and type in the name, author, etc for each file.

However, there might be a why to automate this task with special software.

Thanks for the comments. After about another hour of trying things I figured out what was wrong.

It seems that if you "resample" your mp3s in musicmatch before burning the CD, for some reason the 8400 has trouble getting the tag info. I have most of my music on my PC at 160 or 192 kbps, but I wanted to resample down to 128 during the burning process to fit more on a disk.

When I took off that option, all the information showed up on my pioneer display. Its puzzling, because if I look at the actual resampled files on the CD through my PC, they seem to still have the tag information. weird.

Maybe there is a solution to this, but I haven't figured it out.

Originally posted by avistar23 128 eww your not an SQ guy are you ?
Forgive the ignorance....I dont know what SQ is.

Yes, I know 128 is low. However, I was just experimenting with how much I could cram on the disk, then compare sound qualities, which led to my scare that the 8400 wasnt reading the tags correctly. Turned out the resampling was causing the problem. Still haven't found a solution to that.

Forgive the ignorance....I dont know what SQ is.
Yes, I know 128 is low. However, I was just experimenting with how much I could cram on the disk, then compare sound qualities, which led to my scare that the 8400 wasnt reading the tags correctly. Turned out the resampling was causing the problem. Still haven't found a solution to that.
SQ is sound quality....

The resampling causes the problem because in essence, resampling makes it a brand new MP3, so all the original ID3 tag info is lost and you have to re-enter it again.

Guys with the 8400, Im installing a 7400 tonight and Ive heard the MP3 read times are slow and a pain in the ass. I was just wondering about how many seconds it takes to load an MP3 on your deck?

Can you use winamp and enter the Tag info that way. It looks like there is a function in Winamp to do just that..
I don't know about regular Winamp, but for Winamp3, load up an MP3, right click, then go to Media Info Editor and you can edit all the ID3 tag info.

Guys with the 8400, Im installing a 7400 tonight and Ive heard the MP3 read times are slow and a pain in the ass. I was just wondering about how many seconds it takes to load an MP3 on your deck?
For my 8400 it's about 3 seconds....it's really not THAT bad, but it gets very annoying....hence i'm looking into a new HU.

Originally posted by Gauntlet I don't know about regular Winamp, but for Winamp3, load up an MP3, right click, then go to Media Info Editor and you can edit all the ID3 tag info.

For my 8400 it's about 3 seconds....it's really not THAT bad, but it gets very annoying....hence i'm looking into a new HU.

Yep thats it..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.